These two reports present in-depth analyses of the latest innovations in 100V industrial MOSFET devices. They show the differences between 20 selected devices from Infineon, International Rectifier (IR), Fairchild, ON Semiconductor, Toshiba, Vishay and STMicroelectronics. All the major manufacturers on the market and their new technologies are thus covered.
The technology report details the manufacturing processes and materials used, packaging structures, component designs, die sizes, electrical performance and current densities. The cost report then compares the components' electrical performance, technical choices and cost structure.
100V silicon MOSFETs are standard devices commonly used in many applications, such as automotive, industrial, computing and storage, home appliances and audio and imaging. The market for 41-100V discrete MOSFETs represented US$1.3B in 2016 and it is expected to be US$1.8B in 2022.
The technology report provides a unique opportunity to understand the technology choices, technology roadmaps and evolution. The cost report reveals the manufacturing costs of the major MOSFET manufacturers, to give the bases for optimal choices of components during design and integration.
In the reports, we analyze and compare products from the five main manufacturers. Among them Fairchild and IR have been recently acquired by ON Semiconductor and Infineon, respectively. These acquisitions will push the companies to choose, in the near future, between products in the portfolio, based on cost and performance.
The reports include comparisons of cost, foundries and electrical performances of the devices.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Company Profile Physical Analysis Views and Dimensions of the System System Opening Optical Element Cross-Sections IR Sensor Board Vision Processor Board FLIR Technological Comparison
3. Cost Analysis Accessing the BOM PCB Cost Microbolometer Cost BOM Cost - Vision Processor Board, IR Sensor Module and Housing Material Cost Breakdown by Component Category Accessing the Added Value (AV) Cost Electronic Board Manufacturing Flow Details of the Electronic Board AV Cost and of the Housing AV Cost Manufacturing Cost Breakdown for 10k units Estimated Price Analysis
4. Physical Analysis Summary of the Physical Analysis Package analysis Package opening Package cross-section MOSFET Die MOSFET die view and dimensions MOSFET die process MOSFET die cross-section MOSFET die process characteristics MOSFET Manufacturing Process
5. Company Services Industrial 100V Mosfet Cost Review Overview / Introduction Executive Summary Reverse Costing Methodology Company Profile MOSFET Manufacturing Process MOSFET Die Front-End Process MOSFET Die Fabrication Unit Final Test and Packaging Fabrication unit
6. Cost Analysis Summary of the Cost Analysis Yields Explanation and Hypotheses MOSFET Die MOSFET die front-end cost MOSFET die probe test, thinning and dicing MOSFET die wafer cost MOSFET die cost Complete MOSFET Assembled component costs Summary of the assembly
7. Component cost
Price Analysis Estimation of Selling Price Company Services