DUBLIN, April 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "India Chocolate Market Outlook, 2022" report to their offering.
Mondelez India, Ferrero and Nestle India top the charts with more than 65% of the overall chocolate market. International brands like Mars and homegrown brand Amul are slowly trying to gain the momentum.
The Indian chocolate market in precedent years has been witnessing tremendous growth in terms of value as well as volume. The governance of market is maintained by large international giants through franchisee and expansion into new markets which is leading to the growth of the chocolate industry in India. India is a market of huge opportunity and it will continue to grow at a healthy rate in the next few years to come.
Urban people are becoming more aware and conscious about chocolate brands and thus dominate the chocolate consumption heavily. Affluent urban consumers are now even demanding premium chocolates which are more costly than the regular ones. Manufacturers are keen to tap this section of consumers and are introducing premium or higher-priced products into the market.
Thus, premium offerings are fast becoming a trend to the urban markets. There are three types of chocolate namely Milk, White and Dark. Dark chocolate has gained popularity in recent years because of its health benefits and rising awareness among customers. Furthermore, preferences of Indian consumers are slowly evolving and getting accustomed to the taste of dark chocolates.
Companies like Mondelez and Nestlé have successfully introduced their dark chocolate brands such as Bournville and Nestlé Dark Chocolate.
Market Trends & Developments
- Increasing presence of international brands
- Customization of chocolates for exclusivity and luxury
- New brand launches and extension of product portfolios
- Demand for healthy options like dark and sugar free chocolates
- Chocolates - A Perfect Gift Substitute
- Milk Chocolate
- White Chocolate
- Dark Chocolate
- Mass/Non-Premium Chocolate
- Premium Chocolate
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Global Chocolate Market Outlook
3. India Chocolate Market Outlook
4. Product Price & Variant Analysis
5. India Economic Profile
6. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
7. PEST Analysis
8. Trade Dynamics
9. Channel Partner Analysis
10. India Chocolate Market Dynamics
11. Market Trends & Developments
12. Competitive Landscape
- Mondelez India Foods Pvt. Ltd.
- Nestle India Limited
- Ferrero India Pvt. Ltd.
- Mars International India Pvt. Ltd.
- Hershey India Pvt. Ltd.
- Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.
- Lotus Chocolate Company Ltd.
- The CAMPCO Ltd.
- Parle Products Pvt. Ltd.
- ITC Limited
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/94cdnr/india_chocolate
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets