PARIS, June 16, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
For July 14th, a highlight of the French and Parisian tourism calendar, the Paris Tourist Office is organizing the viral marketing buzz #bestbastilleday on social media.
For 15 days, lovers of Paris around the world are invited to imagine and share their ideal July 14th in the French capital on social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) via the hashtag #bestbastilleday.
This international competition aims to create a yearning for and the dream of [Paris] in the run up to the French national holiday.
"my #bestbastilleday: drinking champagne in front of the Eiffel Tower!"
"Going to the Firemen's Ball with my friends like last year! #bestbastilleday"
"Cheese. Baguette. My best friend. Fireworks. #bestbastilleday EVER!"
At the end of the competition, the winner of the post drawn at random will win an amazing trip!
Thanks to the contribution of exceptional partner organizations, the winner will receive a prize of 2 dream days for 2 people on July 14th and 15th. The opportunity to experience the #bestbastilleday of their dreams.
Details of the trip '48 dream hours in Paris for 2 people'
(Estimated value: 7,000 euros)
Return air travel from the city of origin of the winner
- Welcome on arrival at the airport and offbeat tour of Paris aboard a typical 2CV with 4 roues sous un parapluie
- Accommodation in a Deluxe Room at the palace Four Seasons George V, breakfast included
- Lunch at the fabulous restaurant Jules Verne du groupe Alain Ducasse on the second floor of the Eiffel Tower
- Evening of July 14th on board the Bateau Ivre (Maxim's) to benefit from an unobstructed view of the Eiffel Tower and the fireworks display - aperitif, cocktail buffet, musical entertainment
- Snack at one of the mythical Ladurée addresses
- Shopping at Galeries Lafayette with 2 gift cards (each with a value of €200), admission to the store's Fashion Show and to the Lounge Area for a glass of champagne.
The marketing buzz will be rolled out on the social media of the Paris Tourist Office(@parisjetaime): Facebook (300 K followers), Twitter (105 K followers) and Instagram (150 K followers), as well as on its website parisinfo.com (dedicated landing page integrated into the Bastille Day file) via a 'social wall', a digital wall that will show almost in real time the content produced using the hashtag of the marketing buzz.
Thelaunch is planned for June 14th or 15th at the end of the day, and the results will be published on July 1st.
Through this viral marketing buzz, the Paris Tourist Office is taking an active part in the dynamic relaunching of the destination*
*On 30 May 2016, the Mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo, and Jean-Marc Ayrault, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Tourism gave a press conference to present the marketing campaign to relaunch the Paris destination.
SOURCE Office du Tourisme et des Congrès de Paris