SAN FRANCISCO, April 2, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global healthcare biometric market is expected to reach USD 14.5 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The migration of health system and hospitals to Electronic Health Records (EHR) and computerized physician order entry is expected to propel the demand for healthcare biometrics over the forecast period.
As more Healthcare Information Exchanges (HIE) are built across the network to coordinate care, the demand for technologies to combat data corruption and unauthorized access is expected to increase, thereby contributing to the market growth of healthcare biometrics during the forecast period.
Implementation of biometrics is expected to increase the security for patients, doctors, and nurses. The HIPPA has imposed stringent new regulations to safeguard confidentiality and privacy of patient information. These regulations are also expected to drive the deployment of biometrics in healthcare system, thereby contributing to the market growth over the forecast period.
Improvements in the existing technologies and the development of multipurpose authentication devices are expected to facilitate commercialization of advanced products. As a result, adoption of these devices is expected to escalate in the healthcare space in the near future.
The rise of consumerism in healthcare and increase in disposable income in emerging countries is also expected to boost the adoption of new technologies such as biometrics by health system, thereby propelling the market growth healthcare biometrics market during the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Healthcare Biometrics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Face, Fingerprint, Iris, Vein, Palm Geometry, and Behavioral Recognition), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biometrics-in-healthcare-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global face recognition technology market is anticipated to reach over 2.0 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 23.0% from 2017 to 2025
- In terms of technology, others segment which includes DNA analysis, retina analysis, and ECG analysis is expected to show the fastest growth during the forecast period
- In terms of technology, iris recognition is also expected to show lucrative growth owing to its uniqueness as compared to other technologies
- North America is expected to dominate the healthcare biometric market during the forecast period
- Asia pacific is expected to show the fastest growth in healthcare biometric market over the forecast period
- The market is partially consolidated and competitive in nature, with presence of global multinational players
- Some of the key companies present in the market include NEC Corporation, Fujitsu, 3M, MorphoTrust, Imprivata, Inc., Suprema, BIO-key International, Crossmatch, Hitachi Ltd., Integrated Biometrics, Genkey Solutions B.V., Agnitio, Nuance Communications, Inc., and Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- IV Therapy and Vein Access Devices Market - Increasing demand for advanced techniques such as needleless administration of drugs is also a vital driver for this market.
- Transcriptomics Technologies Market - The Global transcriptomics technologies market was valued at USD 2.2 billion in 2014. Key drivers of the market include increasing preference of personalized medicines by both manufacturers and end-users.
- RFID in Healthcare Market - The Global RFID in healthcare market was valued at USD 646.7 million in 2014 and is expected to witness double-digit growth over the forecast period.
- Small Animal Imaging (In-vivo) Market - The global small animal imaging (In-vivo) market was valued at over USD 1.1 billion in 2012.
Grand View Research has segmented the global healthcare biometric market on the basis of technology and region:
- Technology Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Face Recognition
- Fingerprint Recognition
- Iris Recognition
- Vein Recognition
- Palm Geometry Recognition
- Behavioral Recognition
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.