DUBLIN, May 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Submarine Fiber Cable Market 2016-2020" report to their offering.
The global submarine fiber cable market to grow at a CAGR of 5.75% during the period 2016-2020.
Global Submarine Fiber Cable Market 2016-2020, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market.
A submarine fiber cable with high-capacity communication capability is an essential wireline communication medium between two continents, countries, or islands. Most submarine fibers use the optical amplification technology to carry high-speed data traffic across regions. The length of the submarine fiber cable varies over a distance of few kilometers to more than 35,000 km. Most submarine fiber cable projects take several months or years for completion.
At present, most submarine fiber cables have a capacity of 10-40 Gbps. The adoption of 100 Gbps high-speed submarine fiber cables started only after 2010. Owing to their high-speed capacity, these fiber cables carry a huge amount of data traffic every day. In 2015, more than 97% of global data traffic was carried through submarine fiber cables, with the remaining 3% carried through satellite systems.
One trend that is expected to boost market growth is the rise in upgrade activities. The number of systems upgraded in 2013 was 19, and it was reduced to only six in 2015. Most of the vital submarine cable systems have been already upgraded to 100G. With the 400G technology expected to hit the market by the end of 2017, the demand for upgrade activities worldwide is likely to rise in the coming years.
According to the report, a key growth driver for this market is the growth in bandwidth. The penetration of Internet in Africa is less compared to other regions in the world. Africa accounted for an Internet penetration of 29.52%, whereas the ROW registered nearly 50% penetration in 2015. This is a clear indicator that there is significant scope for expansion of telecommunications in the continent. With growing number of businesses in Africa, the demand for Internet connectivity is bound to rise. In order to capture this market potential, telecom operators and ISPs need to offer products that can meet user requirements such as reliable network and increased bandwidth.
Further, the report states that one challenge that could restrict market growth is the delay in project financing and maintenance activities.
To calculate the market size, the report considers the following aspects:
- Construction and deployment cost of new projects
- Construction and deployment costs
- Upgrade projects
- Huawei Marine Networks
- TE SubCom
Other prominent vendors
- Global Marine Systems
- S.B submarine system
- Xtera Communications
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/dczm32/global_submarine
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets