DUBLIN, Sept. 08, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8hdnsf/selfadministered) has announced the addition of the "Self-administered Injectables to 2022" report to their offering.
Increases in life expectancy are expected to result in a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in administration methods and devices that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. For self administered injectables, human engineering and user ergonomics are essential attributes that impact critical patient issues such as safety and patient compliance. While designers have acquired many powerful design tools during the past decade - tools that include 3D CAD design software and high performance materials, design team have been increasingly relying on classic end user research to define the design targets for their projects related to self-administered injectables to 2020.
What You Will Learn
- What are the currently marketed injectable drugs intended for patient self administration?
- What are the therapeutic demand drivers for self administered injectables and what are the growth prospects for self administered injectable drugs?
- What are the key device selection factors and market development issues for self administered injectables?
- What doses the current self administered injectables market look like, who are the market leaders, and what will this market look like in 2022?
- What companies supply syringes and injectors designed for patient self administration, and what are their product activities, business strategies, and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- How important are pharma-device alliances and design partnerships in the self administered injectables market segment?
- What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Injectable Drug Market Dynamics
- Evolution in Injectable Drug Development
- The Growth of Self Administration
- Market Drivers
- Drug Self-Administration Demand Factors
3. Injectable Drug Device Selection Criteria
- Human Engineering/Ergonomics
- Lyophilized Drugs & Drug Reconstitution
- Syringe Safety/Sharps Protection
- Disposable Drug Cartridges
4. Self Administered Injectables - Device Classes & Devices
- Prefilled Syringes (PFS)
- Glass PFS
- Plastic PFS
- Prefillable PFS
- Reusable Autoinjectors
- Disposable Autoinjectors
- Variable Dose Autoinjectors
- Pen Injectors
- Standardized Pen Platforms
- Custom Pen Design
- Dual Chamber Pens
- Needle-free Injectors (NFI)
5. Self Administered Injectables - Disease Segment Analysis
- Hepatitis C
- Hormone Therapy/Replacement
- Insulins/Glycemic Control
- Multiple Sclerosis
6. Self Administered Branded Product Analysis & Market Data
- Colony Stimulating Factors
- Fusion Proteins
- GLP-1 Receptor Agonists
- Other Glycemic Control Injectables
- TNF Inhibitors
7. Market Factors
- Regulatory Factors and Risks
- Ease-of-Use and the Patient Experience
- Managed Care & Healthcare Economics
- Custom Device Designs & Branding
8. Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8hdnsf/selfadministered
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets