DUBLIN, Feb. 7, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Glyphosate Market - Global Opportunity Analysis and Industry Forecast (2017-2022)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Global Glyphosate Market is expected to reach USD 10,675.9 million by 2022, supported by a CAGR of 6.0% during the forecast period of 2017 to 2022.
Global glyphosate market is mainly driven by the growing need to increase crop yield and quality, reduction of arable land, emergence of advanced agricultural practices and technologies, and increasing crop yield losses due to weeds. However, environmental and human hazards with the use of glyphosate herbicides, growing organic farming and demand for organic food, and the stringent government laws and regulations hampers the growth of this market to some extent.
The global glyphosate market is mainly segmented by formulation (liquid form and solid form), by application (spraying, dusting, soil treatment, and others), by crop type (cereals & grains, oilseeds & pulses, fruits & vegetable, turf & ornamentals, and others), and by geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa).
In case of crop type, cereals & grains commanded the largest share in the global glyphosate market in 2016, owing to the large production of cereal & grain crops across the globe and increasing adoption by farmers to control the yield losses due to weeds.
Geographically, the global glyphosate market is segmented into five major regions, namely North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. These regions are further analyzed at a country level with the detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis. Latin America accounted for the largest share in the global glyphosate market in 2016, followed by Asia-Pacific, and Europe.
The major share of the Latin American region is mainly attributed to the large arable land, increasing demand for crop yield & efficiency, adoption of new farming practices, and increasing crop yield losses due to weeds. On the other hand, Asia-Pacific region is projected to grow at a fastest CAGR during the forecast period, due to large area under agriculture cultivation, and rising need to ensure the food safety for its continuously growing population.
Key questions answered in the report
- Which are the high growth market segments in terms of formulation, application, crop type, and regions/countries?
- What is the historical market for glyphosate across the globe?
- What are the market forecasts and estimates from the period 2015-2022?
- What are the major drivers, restrains, opportunities, and trends in the global glyphosate market?
- Who are the major players in the global glyphosate market and what share of the market do they hold?
- Who are the major players in various countries and what share of the market do they hold?
- What are the competitive landscapes and who are the market leaders by sub-region in the global glyphosate market?
- What are the recent developments in the global glyphosate market?
- What are the different strategies adopted by the major players in the global glyphosate market?
- What are the geographical trends and high growth regions/ countries?
- Who are the local emerging players in the global glyphosate market and how do they compete with the global players?
Key Topics Covered:
1.1. Market Ecosystem
1.2. Currency and Limitations
1.3. Key Stakeholders
2. Research Methodology
2.1. Research Process
2.1.1. Secondary Research
2.1.2. Primary Research
2.1.3. Market Size Estimation
3. Executive Summary
4. Market insights
4.2.1. Growing Need to Increase Crop Yield and Quality
4.2.2. Reduction of Arable Land
4.2.3. Emergence of Advanced Agricultural Practices and Technologies
4.2.4. Increasing Crop Yield Losses Due to Weeds
4.2.5. Other Drivers
4.3.1. Environmental and Human Hazards with the Use of Glyphosate Herbicides
4.3.2. Growing Organic Farming and Demand for Organic Food
4.3.3. Stringent Government Laws and Regulations
4.3.4. Other Restraints
4.4.1. Rise in Glyphosate Resistant Weeds
4.4.2. Other Challenges
5. Global Glyphosate Market, by Formulation
5.2. Liquid Formulation
5.2.1. Suspension Concentrate
5.2.2. Water Soluble Concentrate
5.2.3. Emulsifiable Concentrate
5.3. Solid Formulation
5.3.1. Dry Granules
5.3.3. Wettable Powder
5.3.4. Water Dispersible
6. Global Glyphosate Market, by Mode of Application
6.4. Soil Treatment
7. Global Glyphosate Market, by Crop Type
7.2. Cereals and Grains
7.3. Oilseeds and Pulses
7.4. Fruits and Vegetables
7.5. Turfs and Ornamentals
8. Geographic Analysis
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2. Agreement, Partnerships, and Collaborations
9.3. Mergers and Acquisitions
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Bayer Crop Science Ag
10.2. BASF SE
10.3. Syngenta (Part of China National Chemical Corporation/ChemChina)
10.4. FMC Corporation
10.5. E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
10.6. Nufarm Limited
10.7. Arysta LifeScience Corporation (A Subsidiary of Platform Specialty Products Corporation)
10.8. ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (Subsidiary of China National Agrochemical Corporation)
10.9. UPL Limited
10.10. Monsanto Company
10.11. Drexel Chemical Company
10.12. Heranba industries Ltd.
- ADAMA Agricultural Solutions Ltd. (Subsidiary of China National Agrochemical Corporation)
- AVEKA Inc.
- Arysta LifeScience Corporation (A Subsidiary of Platform Specialty Products Corporation)
- BASF SE
- Balchem Corporation
- Bayer Crop Science Ag
- Drexel Chemical Company
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Encapsys LLC
- FMC Corporation
- FrieslandCampina Kievit
- GAT Microencapsulation GmbH
- Givaudan SA
- Heranba industries Ltd.
- INNOBIO CORPORATION LIMITED
- International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
- Koehler Innovative Solutions
- Microtek Laboratories Inc.
- Monsanto Company
- Nufarm Limited
- Reed Pacific Pty Limited
- Ronald T Dodge Company
- Symrise AG
- Syngenta (Part of China National Chemical Corporation/ChemChina)
- TasteTech Ltd
- UPL Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/cd5wj6/global_glyphosate?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets