DUBLIN, Oct. 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vvcrgz/global) has announced the addition of the "Global Glioblastoma Multiforme Therapeutics Market 2015-2019" report to their offering.
The global glioblastoma multiforme therapeutics market to grow at a CAGR of 11.94 percent during 2014-2019.
The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global glioblastoma multiforme therapeutics market for the period 2015-2019. To calculate the market size, we consider revenue generated from the sales of various off-label and branded drugs and the expected launch of vaccines and drug candidates used in the treatment of glioblastoma multiforme.
The report presents the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top vendors in the market. The vendor landscape includes a market share analysis of the major vendors along with the performances of their product portfolios. In addition, we discuss the major drivers influencing market growth and also outlines the challenges faced by the vendors and the market at large, as well as the key trends emerging in the market.
The entry of novel therapeutic agents to treat glioblastoma multiforme is a major trend witnessed in the market. The drugs which are currently being used are mostly chemotherapeutic agents that are usually toxic to the cells of the body. These drugs are known to also harm the non-cancerous cells besides destroying the malignant cells.
According to the report, the market is expected to grow because of the presence of significant unmet need. This presents an opportunity to the drug makers to develop a therapy to treat glioblastoma multiforme with better efficacy and safety parameters. This in turn will reduce the rate of treatment withdrawal by patients, which would be a positive indicator of growth to the market.
Further, the report states that market growth may be hampered because of use of off-label and generic drugs over the branded drugs available in the market. Most of the branded drugs have either lost their patent or will lose their patent during the forecast period.
Based on the route of administration of the drugs used to treat glioblastoma multiforme, the market is segmented as follows:
Based on the type of molecules of the drugs used to treat glioblastoma multiforme, the market is segmented as follows:
- Small Molecules
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche
Other Prominent Vendors
- AB Science- Abbvie- Actelion- Activartis Biotech- Advantagene- Agenus- Agios- Amgen- Angiochem- Apogenix- Axelar- BioNTech- Boehringer Ingelheim- Boston Biomedical- Bristol-Myers Squibb- Celgene- Celldex Therapeutics- ChemoCentryx- Cortice Biosciences- CytoVac- CytRx- Deciphera - Del Mar Pharmaceuticals- Diffusion Pharmaceuticals - DNATrix- Eli Lilly- Epitopoietic Research - e-Therapeutics- Exelixis- G W Pharmaceuticals- Genspera- immatics - ImmunoCellular Therapeutics- Immunovaccine- Intrexon- IRAD Oncology- Karyopharm Therapeutics- Kite Pharma- Life Science Pharmaceuticals- Medicenna Therapeutics- Merck- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals- Nektar Therapeutics- Northwest Biotherapeutics - Novartis- Noxxon- OncoSynergy- Oncovir- Ono Pharmaceutical- Peregrine Pharmaceuticals- Plexxikon- Sanofi- Seattle Genetics- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals- Stemline Therapeutics- Tocagen- Tracon Pharma- TVAX Biomedical- VBL Therapeutics- Virttu Biologics - Ziopharm Oncology
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- List of Abbreviations
- Scope of the Report
- Market Research Methodology
- Market Landscape
- Market Segmentation by Route of Administration
- Market Segmentation by Type of Molecule
- Geographical Segmentation
- Buying Criteria
- Pipeline Portfolio
- Market Growth Drivers
- Drivers and their Impact
- Market Challenges
- Impact of Drivers and Challenges
- Market Trends
- Trends and their Impact
- Vendor Landscape
- Key Vendor Analysis
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vvcrgz/global
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets