DUBLIN, June 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mlzwr2/flexible_printed) has announced the addition of the "Flexible, Printed and Thin Film Batteries 2015-2025: Technologies, Forecasts, Players" report to their offering.
Thin, flexible or printed batteries have commercially existed for more than ten years. Traditionally, the micro-power thin and printed batteries were used in skin patches, RFID tags and smart cards. Today, however, the composition of the target market is undergoing drastic change driven by the emergence of new addressable market categories. This trend has enticed many large players to enter the foray, starting to transform a business landscape that was once populated predominantly by small firms.
The report provides a detailed assessment of all the key energy storage technologies that fall under the broad category of thin film, flexible or printed batteries. It provides a critical and quantitative analysis and benchmarks different solutions.
This report includes developed detailed and granular market forecasts segmented by technology type as well as end use applications. These forecasts are based on (a) primary information obtained through our direct interview programme with suppliers and end users, attending conferences globally and also organising our own conferences on wearable technologies, RFIDs and printed electronics; and (b)a critical technical assessment of competing technologies.
The technologies and end use applications covered are:
- Battery-assisted passive RFID,
- Smart card,
- Wireless sensor(s)/networks,
- Smart packaging,
- Medical cosmetic disposable,
- Medical device,
- Interactive media, toys, games & cards,
- Backup power,
- Portable electronics,
- Energy harvesting
- Printed Zn based battery
- Thin Lithium Battery
- Thin Film Lithium Polymer Battery
- Curved Lithium Ion Battery
- Thin Flexible Supercapacitors
Key Topics Covered:
1. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY AND CONCLUSIONS
2. BACKGROUND OF BATTERY KNOWLEDGE
3. WHY IS THE BATTERY DEVELOPMENT SO SLOW?
4. LITHIUM-BASED THIN BATTERIES
5. PRINTED SINGLE-USE BATTERIES
6. PRINTED RECHARGEABLE BATTERY
7. TECHNOLOGY COMPARISON AND BENCHMARKING
8. OTHER BATTERIES WITH SPECIAL FEATURES
9. PRODUCTION FACILITIES FOR PRINTED BATTERIES
10. OTHER LAMINAR AND FLEXIBLE ENERGY STORAGE
11. APPLICATIONS OF THIN, FLEXIBLE, PRINTED BATTERIES/SUPERCAPACITORS
12. GLOBAL PLAYERS WITH DESCRIPTIONS
13. END-USER INTERVIEWS
14. COMPANY PROFILES
- Blue Spark Technologies, USA
- Enfucell Oy Ltd.
- Excellatron Solid State LLC.
- FlexEl LLC
- Fraunhofer Institute for Electronic Nano Systems (ENAS)
- Front Edge Technology, USA
- Fullriver Battery New Technology Co.,Ltd.
- Huizhou Markyn New Energy Co.,Ltd
- Imprint Energy
- Kunshan Printed Electronics Co., Ltd.
- LG Chem
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory USA
- Paper Battery Company
- Prelonic Technologies
- Rocket Electric
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/mlzwr2/flexible_printed