DUBLIN, Nov. 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Marketshas announced the addition of the "Global Elderly and Disabled Assistive Market 2015-2019"report to their offering.
Elderly and disabled assistive devices enable the elderly and disabled population in carrying out their everyday activities such as movement, hearing and reading with ease. The devices are primarily designed for the elderly and disabled population to live more independently with a good quality of life. The devices include both simple and complex products in design. For instance, wheelchairs, crutches and mobility scooters are among the simplest in design, while reading machines, hearing aids and transfer lifts represent complexity in design.
The analysts forecast the Global Elderly and Disabled Assistive market to grow at a CAGR of 5.59 percent over the period 2014-2019.
This report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the Global Elderly and Disabled Assistive market for the period 2015-2019. This report considers 2014 as the base year and provides data for the trailing 12 months. The Global Elderly and Disabled Assistive market includes the following type of products:
- Hearing Devices (RITE, BTE, ITE, Canal Hearing Aids, BAHA and Cochlear Implants)
- Mobility and Ambulatory Devices (Wheelchairs; Mobility Scooters; Crutches; Walkers; Transfer Lifts; Door Openers and Accessories (Cushions, Pillow, Back, and Positioning Support)).
- Vision and Reading Aids(Video Magnifiers, Braille Translators, Electronic Reading Machines and Others (accessible books and kitchen appliances))
- Healthcare Furniture and Bathroom Safety Equipment (Medical Beds; Commodes; Ostomy Products; Bars and Railings; and Others (showers chairs, bath lifts and pool lifts)
The report also presents the vendor landscape and a corresponding detailed analysis of the top five vendors in the Global Elderly and Disabled Assistive market. The vendor landscape in this report focuses primarily on the vendors that provide products to assist the elderly and the disabled people. In addition, the report discusses the major drivers that influence the growth of the Global Elderly and Disabled Assistive market. It also outlines the challenges faced by the vendors and the market at large, as well as the key trends emerging in the market.
One key trend in this market is increased usage of cochlear implants over conventional hearing aids. Cochlear implant devices offer benefits such as increased audibility, digital feedback reduction, and digital noise reduction.
According to the report, one of the major drivers of the market is the increasing elderly population that requires assistance because of the musculoskeletal disorders and joint injuries common in elderly people.
Further, the report states that one of the major challenges that the market faces is the high cost of certain products such as cochlear implants, powered wheelchairs, and BAHA. The adoption rate of such devices is relatively lower than other products because of their high costs.
Key Topics Covered:
01. Executive Summary
02. List of Abbreviations
03. Scope of the Report
04. Market Research Methodology
06. Market Landscape
07. Market Segmentation by Product
08. Geographical Segmentation
09. Buying Criteria
10. Market Growth Drivers
11. Drivers and their Impact
12. Market Challenges
13. Impact of Drivers and Challenges
14. Market Trends
15. Trends and their Impact
16. Vendor Landscape
17. Key Vendor Analysis
18. Other Reports in this Series
- Ai Squared
- Bausch & Lomb
- Blue Chip
- Drive Medical Design And Manufacturing
- Otto Bock
- William Demant
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6b6fdl/global_elderly
Media Contact: Laura Wood , +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets