DUBLIN, October 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Global Cancer Immunotherapy Drugs Market, company profiles, share, trends, analysis, opportunities, segmentation and forecast 2016 - 2022" report to their offering.
The global cancer immunotherapy market is expected to reach $119.39 Billion by 2022 from $61.9 Billion in 2014, at a CAGR of 14.0% during 2016 to 2022. Factors such as increasing incidence of cancer and rising healthcare expenditure are driving the growth of this market.
The major driver for the global cancer immunotherapy market is increasing prevalence of cancer.
In 2016, estimation of cancer cases are 1,685,210 which are diagnosed in USA and around 595,690 people will die from cancer .The number of people living beyond the cancer diagnosis reached nearly $14.5 million in 2014 and expected to rise to almost 18 million in year 2022. National expenditures for cancer care in USA could reach up to $157 Billion by 2022. By year 2030, the new breast cancer cases in females in USA are estimated to increase about 441,000 that accounts incremental by 50% as per today.
The percentage of new cancer cases of women falling in ages 70-84 is expecting to increase from 24% to 35%. By the end of year 2022, expected number of new cancer cases in the USA will rise about 25% in men which would be more than $1 million cases per year, and by about 22% in women that to be more than 900,000 cases per year. By 2016, among children, an estimation of 10,380 are to be diagnosed with cancer and 1,250 will die from it.
The major players in this market include Amgen, AstraZeneca, F. Hoffman La-Roche Ltd., Bayer AG, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Eli Lilly and Company , Janssen Global Services, LLC , Merck,Novartis and Pfizer.
Acquisitions, Mergers and key players are key strategies for any market to grow. In May 2016, Pfizer Inc. and Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc have entered into a definitive merger agreement under which Pfizer will acquire Anacor for $99.25 per Anacor share, in cash, for a total transaction value of approximately $5.2 billion.
- Market Drivers
- - Immunotherapy of Cancer is More Effective Then Traditional Therapy
- - Reduction in Overall Timeline And Cost of Drug Discovery
- - Fast Track And Orphan Drug Destinations
- - Rise in Incidence Rate of Cancer Worldwide
- - Development of Bioinformatics Tools Are Enhancing Drug Development Process
- Market Restraints
- - High Cost of Cancer Immunotherapy Treatment
- - High Attrition Rate in Product Development Cycle
- Market Opportunities
- - Significant Growth Prospects in Developing Countries
- - Immunotherapy to Replace Chemotherapy As First Line Therapy
- - Increase in Clinical Trials Against Several Types of Cancers in Immunotherapy
- Market Challenges
- - Top Selling Biologics With Less Patent Expiration
- - Availability of Limited Funds to Initiate Clinical Trial
- - Complexity of Cancer May Limit the Immune Response
Key Topics Covered:
2. Market Overview
3 Market Determinants
4 Sector Analysis
5 Market Segmentation
4 Geographic Analysis
6. Company Profiles
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bm6fwf/global_cancer
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets