DUBLIN, Jan. 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Chemical Tanker Shipping Market Analysis By Product (Organic, Inorganic, Vegetable Oils & Fats) By Shipment Route (Inland, Coastal, Deep Sea) By Cargo Type, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global chemical tanker shipping market was valued at USD 2.07 trillion in 2016 and is estimated to grow at a growth rate of 2.1% from 2017 to 2025 to reach a market valuation of USD 2.50 trillion
The growing chemical trade on account of increasing manufacturing activities across the world is projected to augment market demand. The disparity in regional production and demand trends has triggered the global trade for chemicals and derivatives.
Organic chemicals such as acetic acid, alcohols, propene, benzene, salt, benzyl acetate, methanol, formic acid, and phenol are some of the vital substances shipped through chemical tankers across the world. The U.S., China, Germany, and Russia are some of the major exporters of chemicals and are expected to foster the global chemical trade over the coming years.
The U.S. will probably grow at a high rate on account of increasing number of fleet owners, shipbuilders & charterers, availability of raw material, and capital inflow from multinational companies. The expanding market of Asia Pacific is one the most significant areas for growth due to the presence of a large number of small manufacturers in the region.
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Chemical tanker shipping market is concentrated on account of presence of considerable number of fleet operators
- Competitive freight rates on account of easy availability of containers through freight forwarders and clearing agents places higher power in the hands of buyers
- Deep sea chemical tanker shipments accounted for the most significant share in 2016 and is projected to grow at the highest CAGR over the coming years on account of extensive international trade
- IMO III cargo type accounted for the largest volume share in 2016 due to high shipment of vegetable oils & fats and other non-volatile chemicals across regions
- Asia Pacific accounted for the most significant volume share due to presence of major manufacturing counties such as China and India which have a strong foothold in the chemical industry
- Chemical tanker shipping companies are expanding their fleets to cater to the growing chemical trade business globally. New entrants in the market are expected to result in excess supply of tankers in the industry, thereby reducing charter rates.
- Some of the significant chemical tanker charters include Navig8 Group, Odfjell SE, Stolt Nielsen, MSC, Stena Bulk, and Maersk Tankers
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Research scope and assumptions
1.3 List of data sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Chemical Tanker Shipping Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
3.1 Market segmentation & scope
3.2 Value chin analysis
3.3 Demand/supply landscape
3.4 Market dynamics
3.4.1 Market driver analysis
18.104.22.168 Shale gas evolution
22.214.171.124 Refinery expansions in the Middle East
126.96.36.199 Increasing global demand for chemicals
188.8.131.52 Lower crude oil prices
3.4.2 Market restraint analysis
184.108.40.206 Renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
220.127.116.11 UnsTable political conditions
3.5 Industry analysis - Porter's
3.6 PESTEL analysis
Chapter 4 Chemical Tanker Shipping: Product Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Product estimates & trend analysis, 2016 & 2025
4.2 Market estimates & forecasts by product, 2014 - 2025 (Kilotons) (USD Million)
4.2.1 Organic chemicals
4.2.2 Inorganic chemicals
4.2.3 VegeTable oils & fats
4.2.4 Other chemicals
Chapter 5 Chemical Tanker Shipping: Shipment Route Estimates & Forecasts
5.1 Shipment route estimates & forecasts, 2016 & 2025
5.2 Market estimates and forecasts by shipping route, 2014 - 2025 (Kilotons) (USD Million)
5.2.3 Deep sea
Chapter 6 Chemical Tanker Shipping: Cargo Type Estimates & Forecasts
6.1 Cargo type estimates & forecasts, 2016 & 2025
6.2 Market estimates and forecasts by cargo type, 2014 - 2025 (Kilotons) (USD Million)
6.2.1 IMO I
6.2.2 IMO II
6.2.3 IMO III
Chapter 7 Chemical Tanker Shipping: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
8.1 Vendor landscape
8.2 Competitive environment
8.3 Company market positioning
8.4 Strategy framework
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- Stolt-Nielsen Limited
- Odfjell SE
- Navig8 Chemical Tankers Inc.
- Iino Kaiun Kaisha Ltd.
- United Product Tankers GmbH & Co. KG
- Chembulk Maritime World
- Navios Maritime Acquisition Corp.
- Maersk Tankers
- Stena Bulk
- MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A.
- Petronav Ship Management Limited (PSL)
- Nordic Tankers
- Ensel S.A.
- Island Tug And Barge Ltd.
- ABC Maritime AG
- Alaska Tanker Company
- Algoma Central Corporation
- Rigel Shipping Canada Inc.
- The CSL Group Inc.
- Groupe Desgagns Inc.
- Andrie Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qs2llj/global_2_07?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets