DUBLIN, March 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f69vrw/glyphosate) has announced the addition of the "Glyphosate - Situation and Outlook 2015: Market Volume, Value & Drivers; Manufacture; Regulation; Company Profiles; Competitor Products" report to their offering.
Global capacity for glyphosate is around 1 million tonnes with the main producers being Monsanto and Chinese companies. Production is estimated at around 800,000 tonnes split roughly 50/50 between Monsanto and the Chinese companies. Some other companies are also engaged in manufacture but that tends to just be the last stage of production and on a much smaller scale. Many companies are involved in selling glyphosate. Supply arrangements for glyphosate are complex with considerable intra-company activity.
The Chinese glyphosate industry faces challenges of overcapacity and environmental scrutiny, furthermore some low concentration formulations have been banned and export tax rebates withdrawn.
On the other hand Chinese companies are taking an increasingly proactive stance with respect to distributing glyphosate outside China.
The main competitor products to glyphosate are paraquat and glufosinate. Paraquat faces some regulatory challenges. Glufosinate is receiving ongoing investment from Bayer and Chinese companies.
Key Topics Covered:
- Overall growth of the herbicide market driven by socio-economic factors such as replacement of hand weeding as labour costs increase.
- Development of no-till farming methods: there is scope for expansion in countries where it is already well established and penetration of new countries - e.g. in Europe.
- Development of glyphosate tolerant (GT) crops: there is scope for launch of existing traits (e.g. in soybeans and maize) into countries where they are not yet established (e.g. China) and development of new GT crops such as GT wheat.
- Evolution of weed resistance: to some extent this will depend on the success of strategies to control it. High levels of weed resistance have been seen for other products in the past but their sales not significantly negatively impacted.
2. Technical profile
6. Company glyphosate profiles
8. Analysis of drivers of glyphosate growth
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/f69vrw/glyphosate
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470 For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630 For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets