SAN FRANCISCO, September 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global gas turbine market size is projected to reach USD 30.08 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., witnessing a CAGR of 4.8% during the forecast period. The market is expected to be driven by increasing pressure from international agencies to reduce carbon footprint, along with low shale gas prices.
Incentives provided by regional governments to gas-based power generation companies to combat increasing carbon footprints are likely to drive market growth. Gas turbines witnessed a distinctive increase in 2015, hinting a change in policies by power generators to capitalize on low gas prices. Some of the largest gas turbine shipments are estimated to be heading toward Latin America, U.S., and Europe. However, Asia Pacific will likely exhibit the fastest growth rate in the foreseeable future.
Post 2016, steam turbine orders are picking up as well, mimicking the trend in gas turbines, owing to rising CHP installations across the globe. Combined cycle power generation is the most efficient form of technology to generate electricity. This technology segment also accounts for the largest share in the gas turbine market.
Gas power production in Asia Pacific is still at a nascent stage, but with aggressive development programs undertaken by the regional governments to improve gas infrastructure, the region is slated to witness rapid growth. India is also increasing its focus on the use of cleaner resources.
In January 2017, Siemens and Marubeni announced plans to build a 1,200 MW combined cycle power plant in Thailand. In 2015, the company sold approximately 18 models of SGT-800 industrial gas turbines to Thailand. Six of these turbines had a capacity of 53 MW each, while the capacity of the remaining twelve units was 50.5 MW each. The units were intended to be installed in nine combined cycle cogeneration power plants with a total installed electrical capacity of 1100 MW.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Gas Turbine Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Capacity (≤200 MW, >200 MW), By Technology (Open Cycle, Combined Cycle), By Application (Power Generation, Industrial, Aviation), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/gas-turbine-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global capacity addition for gas turbines in 2016 was estimated to be 62.87 GW and is expected to reach 91.81 GW by the end of the forecast period
- There is rising investment in Latin America for CHP-based power generation where gas turbine orders account for the majority share in comparison to steam turbine orders
- China's market size for gas turbine orders was estimated to be 8.07 GW in 2016. This regional market is likely to expand at a CAGR of 5.2%
- Asia Pacific excluding China will likely witness stunted growth owing to established infrastructure of thermal-based power generation and Japan's economic slowdown
- Europe will witness an increase in gas turbines as majority of the thermal-based power generations are likely to shut down by the end of the forecast period
- Siemens is currently the leader in the gas turbine market. This market operates on aggressive mergers and acquisitions
- The service-oriented market for gas turbines is also an excellent contributor to overall revenue.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) Market - The global liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) market size was 278 million tons in 2015.
- Specialty Fuel Additives Market - The global specialty fuel additives market size was valued at USD 6.15 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% from 2016 to 2024.
- Hybrid Power Solutions Market - The global hybrid power solutions market size was valued at USD 604.1 million in 2016.
- Gas To Liquid (GTL) Market - The Global Gas To Liquid (GTL) market valuation was around USD 8.4 billion in 2014 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of around 6.5% from 2015 to 2022
Grand View Research has segmented the gas turbine market on the basis of capacity, technology, application, and region:
- Gas Turbine Capacity Outlook (Volume, MW; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- ≤200 MW
- >200 MW
- Gas Turbine Technology Outlook (Volume, MW; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Open Cycle
- Combined Cycle
- Gas Turbine Application Outlook (Volume, MW; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Power Generation
- Gas Turbine Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519