SAN FRANCISCO, May 15, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global flat glass market size is expected to reach USD 124.14 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., posting a CAGR of 7.1% during the forecast period. Robust growth of the building and construction sector in developing countries is expected to be a key factor propelling the market.
Glass is increasingly being used in construction applications. Tempered glass, in particular, is being employed in roofing applications as well as in manufacturing of glass windows. In developing countries, tempered glass is replacing standard glass in roofing applications on account of its high strength properties.
Furthermore, numerous car manufacturers employ tempered glass in production of windows for automobiles. Its increasing adoption can be attributed to its tendency of not breaking into small parts as opposed to standard glass, which leaves back sharp pieces on breakage, which could lead to serious human injuries and possible life threats.
The commencement of 12th Five Year Plan of Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) resulted in construction of 56 new airports and expansion of 16 airports, thereby boosting the construction sector in the country. China's sustained demand for industrial, residential, and infrastructural expansion has generated substantial demand for flat glasses.
Strong economic growth coupled with removal of barriers for foreign investment in India is expected to spur construction demand over the coming years. Vietnam and the Philippines are also becoming increasingly attractive markets owing to rising population, rapid urbanization, and strong economic growth.
Soda ash and silica sand are the key raw materials used in manufacturing of flat glass. Natural gas is a dominant fuel used in glass production. Turbulence in price and availability of natural gas is a major factor deterring the growth of the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Flat Glass Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Tempered, Laminated, Basic Float, Insulating), By Application (Automotive, Construction), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2012 - 2022" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-flat-glass-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global flat glass market is anticipated to reach 112,445.0 kilotons by 2022, at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2015 to 2022
- In terms of revenue, laminated glass segment is projected to register a CAGR of 7.7% over the forecast period
- Construction application dominated the market with a share of over 79.0% in 2014
- The North America flat glass market is anticipated to exceed 23,725.9 kilotons by 2022
- Europe is projected to witness a remarkable CAGR of 5.9% over the forecast period, owing to increasing demand for construction activities in the region
- Asian countries, especially India and China, are expected to observe remarkable growth over the forecast period
- The market is partially consolidated and competitive in nature, with presence of global multinational players
- Some of the key companies present in the market are Guardian Industries, AJJ Ltd., Cardinal, Independent Co. Ltd., OldCastle, NSG Group, Saint Gobain, AGC, and PPG Industries.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Earthenware Market - The Global earthenware market is expected to drive on account of increasing generic fashion in home decorations.
- Geotextile Market - The global Geotextile Market size was 4,505.0 million square meters in 2015.
- Aramid Fiber Market - The global aramid fiber market size was valued at USD 2.84 billion in 2015 and is projected to experience significant growth over the forecast period.
- Kaolin Market - The global kaolin market was at valued over USD 4.30 billion in 2015.
Grand View Research has segmented the global flat glass market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Flat Glass Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Basic Float
- Flat Glass Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Flat Glass Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.