- The higher emphasis on the incorporation of directed energy weapons (DEW) and extensive rise in investment in the defense & homeland security & intelligence bodies are the major factors influencing the market growth
- Market Size – USD 13.86 billion in 2019, Market Growth - CAGR of 26.8%, Market Trends – Higher demand for laser-based Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) for destroying drones & missiles
VANCOUVER, BC, Oct. 26, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The Global Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) Market is forecasted to be worth USD 93.20 billion by 2027, according to a current analysis by Emergen Research. The market is significantly being driven by factors such as the increasing adoption of the directed energy weapons to destroy or damage rockets, drones, mortar-launched explosives, and any other aerial threats, higher investment in the military bodies & defense intelligence sectors, and technological development in laser-based target-focused weapons.
Additionally, growing incidences of cross-border conflicts, asymmetry in warfare, a higher inclination for the forthcoming combat preparation, and the escalating number of existing weaponry technology & the need to update them into the futuristic ones are some of the subordinate reasons behind the tremendous growth of the market. The laser-based DEW anti-drone system or drone destroyers are expected to witness increased adoption in the market as more and more countries are deliberately developing & investing in high-power laser-directed energy systems to use against drones or UAVs.
The global landscape of the Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) market is expected to remain highly competitive and consolidated, consisting of a number of both small start-ups & medium enterprises and large conglomerates. During the forecast duration, increasing demand for technological development and higher diversification in offered products ensure the enormous potential for the innovative players.
Request free sample of this research report at: https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/245
Further key findings from the report suggest
- In June 2020, Applied Technology Associates (ATA) revealed a contract for developing a target acquisition & tracking platform for the installation on a Stryker military ground vehicle being a part of the U.S. Army initiative in order to increase the protection of soldiers using laser weapon systems.
- The defense exhibits a higher count of usage and investment in the ongoing research & development of directed energy weapons (DEW). The growing interest in countering the weaponry actions & drones or UAV information carriers sent from the rivals are broadening the market outreach. The Defense sub-segment in the application segment held a 78.6% market share in the year 2019.
- North America, owing to its leading investment in the defense & homeland security budgets, especially in the United States, and higher development in the information technology & microelectronics industry, is expected to grow substantially.
- Key players in the market include The Raytheon Company, The Boeing Company, BAE Systems, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Lockheed Martin, L-3 Communications Ltd, Moog Inc, Thales Group, Saab AB, and Israel Aerospace Industries, among others.
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below:
For the purpose of this report, Emergen Research has segmented the Global Directed Energy Weapons (DEW) Market on the basis of Type of Weapons Systems, Application, End-Users, Product, Power, Range, and Region:
- Type of Weapons Systems Outlook (Revenue: USD Billion; Volume: Thousand Units; 2017-2027)
- Fiber Laser
- Free Electron Laser
- Solid-state Laser
- Chemical Laser
- Homeland Security
- Land Vehicles
- Gun Shot
- Up To 100 KW
- More Than 100KW
- Up To 100 meters
- More Than 100 Meters
- North America
- South Korea
- North Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of LATAM
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Find more similar research insights by Emergen Research:
Offshore Wind Energy Market By Installations (Floating Structure, Fixed Structure), By Location (Shallow water, Transitional Water, Deep Water), By Component (Substrate, Turbine, Electrical Infrastructure), Forecasts to 2027
Microgrid Market By Power (Combined heat & power, Solar Photovoltaic, Natural Gas, Fuel Cell, Diesel), By Product (Grid-connected, Hybrid, Remote), By Application (Commercial, Defense, Government, Education, Utility), Forecasts to 2027
Solar Energy Market By Technology (Concentrated Solar Power, Solar Photovoltaic), By Application (Commercial, Residential, industrial), By End-Use (Lighting, Charging, Electricity generation, Heating), Forecasts to 2027
Small Modular Reactor Market By Type (Pressurized heavy water reactor (PHWR), High-temperature reactor (HTR)), By Deployment (Single Module Plant, Multi-Module Plant), By Application (Power Generation, Desalination, Process Heat), and By Region, Forecasts to 2027
About Emergen Research
At Emergen Research, we believe in advancing with technology. We are a growing market research and strategy consulting company with an exhaustive knowledge base of cutting-edge and potentially market-disrupting technologies that are predicted to become more prevalent in the coming decade.
With market-leading insights and an in-depth understanding of leading and niche technologies, our solutions address the most pertinent questions for your business needs. A major technological shift has been witnessed towards creating a 'Circular Economy,' fuelled by factors, such as the increased adoption of bio-based materials, along with other methods for achieving carbon neutrality. We are conversant in technologies, viz., Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), Smart Manufacturing, Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data Analytics, Machine learning, Nanotechnology, Edge Computing, Blockchain Technology, Cloud Computing, Vehicle Electrification, Advanced Maintenance Analytics, and Predictive Maintenance, among other prevalent and emergent technologies.
Corporate Sales Specialist
Emergen Research | Web: https://www.emergenresearch.com
Direct Line: +1-(604)-757-9756
Read full Press Release at: https://www.emergenresearch.com/press-release/global-directed-energy-weapons-market
SOURCE Emergen Research