SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 13, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global collagen market size is expected to reach USD 16.7 billion by 2028, expanding at a revenue-based CAGR of 9.0%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The growth in the market can be attributed to the high demand for collagen in cosmetic surgeries and wound healing treatments. Increasing consumer spending capacities coupled with the popularity of skin surgeries has propelled product demand across the world.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- In terms of revenue, the marine source segment is projected to ascend at a CAGR of 10% over the forecast period.
- In terms of volume, cosmetic surgery and wound healing emerged as the largest healthcare application segment in 2019, owing to its ability to treat chronic wounds as they inhibit the action of metalloproteinase.
- The Asia Pacific is projected to witness a remarkable growth rate of 9.7% in terms of volume, in the near future, owing to the increasing consumption of healthcare and cosmetic products in the region.
- Some of the key players operating in the industry include Koninklijke DSM N.V.; Collagen Matrix; CONNOILS LLC; Rousselot BV; and Advanced BioMatrix, Inc.
Read 128-page full market research report for more Insights, "Collagen Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Source, By Product (Gelatin, Hydrolyzed, Native, Synthetic), By Application (Food & Beverages, Healthcare, Cosmetics), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2028", published by Grand View Research.
Collagen Market Growth & Trends
Bovine, porcine, poultry and marine are the four main sources required for manufacturing collagen. Collagen from bovine source accounts for a substantial share of 38% as of 2020, as opposed to other sources, on account of the abundance of bovine sources and relatively lower price as compared to marine and porcine sources. Marine is superior to that of bovine or porcine sources, owing to its high absorption rate and bioavailability. However, the product obtained from marine costs relatively higher than from bovine and porcine, which is expected to restrain the growth of the segment.
The gelatin segment dominated the market in 2019 owing to the substantial demand for the product as a food stabilizer. The growth of the fishing industry in India and China has attracted gelatin manufacturers in the Asia Pacific to use fish as raw material for gelatin production. The market for hydrolyzed collagen is also anticipated to register the fastest growth over the forecast period, backed by its increasing use in the healthcare sector for tissue repair and dental applications. Increasing efforts by the companies for using hydrolyzed collagen in the treatment of bone-related disorders, such as osteoarthritis have favored the growth of the segment.
The key applications for the product include food and beverages, healthcare, and cosmetics. Healthcare emerged as the largest application segment of the industry in 2019 and is forecasted to retain its dominant position over the forecast period. The food and beverage industry is expected to be a major contributor to the demand for gelatin and hydrolyzed collagen, as the product is an essential protein for the human body and has multiple nutritional, skin, and health benefits.
Collagen Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global collagen market on the basis of source, product, application, and region:
Collagen Market - Source Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
Collagen Market - Product Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
Collagen Market - Application Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- Food & Beverages
- Functional Food
- Functional Beverages
- Dietary Supplements
- Meat Processing
- Bone & Joint Health Supplements
- Wound Dressing
- Tissue Regeneration
- Medical Implants
- Drug Delivery
- Beauty Supplements (Nutricosmetics)
- Topical Cosmetic Products
Collagen Market - Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilotons; Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2028)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
List of Key Players of Collagen Market
- CGelita AG
- Nitta Gelatin
- NA Inc.
- Darling Ingredients Inc.
- Weishardt International
- Nippi Collagen NA Inc.
- Rousselot B.V.
- Collagen Matrix; Inc.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- CONNOILS LL
- Advanced BioMatrix; Inc.
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- Marine Hydrolyzed Collagen Market - The global marine hydrolyzed collagen market size is expected to reach USD 1.70 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2021 to 2028. The growth can be attributed to the growing demand for organic cosmetics & personal care, and food & beverage products from the millennials from developed as well as developing countries.
- Thiamine Market - The global thiamine market size is expected to reach USD 549.9 million by 2030, as per the new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 13.9% from 2022 to 2030. The market is majorly driven by the increasing usage of the product in energy metabolism and the development and growth of functional cells.
- Kaempferol Market - The global kaempferol market size is expected to reach USD 5.29 billion by 2030, as per the new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2022 to 2030. The market is majorly driven by rising consumer awareness regarding different diseases such as diabetes, cancer, and obesity.
Browse through Grand View Research's Food Additives & Nutricosmetics Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Astra ESG Solutions
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter