ROMSEY, England, November 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Janice recently completed her doctorate at University College London while working full-time at Chemring Technology Solutions. She is the inventor of gekko, a new technology that has the potential to revolutionise wireless communication. She also has four patent applications, authored numerous technical publications and actively promotes science, technology, engineering and mathematics to the next generation.
The Women of the Future Awards, in association with Shell, are the platform for successful young women in Britain today. Now in their eighth year, the awards continue to recognise the inspirational stars of tomorrow across diverse sectors. The science category is new for 2013 and recognises remarkable young female scientists that are forging new ground in research and scientific achievement.
Stephen Grinham, Managing Director at Chemring Technology Solutions said: "Janice thoroughly deserves this award and we are enormously proud of her. It is great news that her achievements have been formally recognised outside our organisation and as well as contributing towards R&D innovation at Chemring Group, Janice has an excellent track record of academic excellence with proven ability to transform scientific developments into commercial applications."
About the Women of the Future Awards
The Women of the Future Awards are the platform for successful young women in Britain today. Now in their eighth year the awards have:
- provided a platform for more than 350 women
- promoted the achievements of these women to millions
- created role models for the next generation, as part of the Women of the Future Ambassadors programme.
Over the years, the awards have forged wider relationships with schools throughout the United Kingdom and the brand has become synonymous with inspiring young women to become successful.
About Chemring Group http://www.chemring.co.uk
- Chemring is a manufacturing business with facilities in eight countries, selling high technology electronics and energetic products to over sixty countries worldwide.
- The Company has a diverse portfolio of products protecting military people and platforms against a constantly changing threat.
- Operating in niche markets with short product development timescales, Chemring has the agility to rapidly react to urgent customer needs.
- Strong R&D investment for new products and improvements in technology continually allows Chemring to expand its addressable markets.
SOURCE Chemring Group