LONDON, Aug. 14, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Events are the most important part of marketing for any modern business, according to senior lecturer and MD of winkball.com, Dr James Ohene-Djan. The renowned businessman and founder of the reporter video network believes that events are integral to any successful business wishing to stay relevant now as well as in years to come.
Dr Ohene-Djan goes on to describe how understanding newsworthy events is key to unlocking business success, "The shift towards the Events and Experience Economy has been so successful that we have reached the point where it is difficult to see what news is created, what is random and what is contrived for maximum impact.
Newsworthy events remain the best possible way for sponsors to reach communities. They offer businesses the perfect opportunity for brand association, awareness and targeted messaging to specific audiences.
By providing a platform for videographers and presenters to become tomorrow's influencers, WinkBall is allowing consumers to tune into the thousands of events happening every day and provides a vast opportunity for sponsors to reach those untapped communities.
We add every event planned for a region or neighbourhood, and video reporters accept commissions to cover it. Sponsors bid to associate their brand with the event coverage. Every brand and every event thus gets the kind of professional coverage big brands are spending billions on."
According to Dr Ohene- Djan, five major problems have surfaced that stop media outlets and news professionals from benefiting from events coverage;
1. The lack of resources and decreasing manpower in local and regional media.
2. The cost associated with production and distribution of professionally produced digital video content.
3. Failure to widen the number of businesses and brands engaged in direct sponsorship of events and digital communities.
4. The nature of advertising and downward pressure on unit cost/sales from social media
5. User-generated content is unstructured, unpredictable and difficult to leverage for sponsors.
winkball.com is a video reporter network that records the cultural heartbeat of your community. It creates ready to air reports for sponsors brands and businesses.
For more information, please contact Stuart Barclay stuart.Barclay@winkball.com, +44(0)20-7819-9451