-- Global Tax Professionals Can Now Conduct International Tax Research More Thoroughly and Effectively
ARLINGTON, Virginia, Sept. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA today released significant enhancements to its Premier International Tax Library, a comprehensive resource for international tax research that helps practitioners make more informed business decisions and provide value-added tax guidance. The new release includes expanded content from leading in-country practitioners, enabling tax professionals to benefit from the timely insight and unique expertise of Bloomberg BNA's global network of third-party tax experts to better manage cross-border tax issues — from the latest updates on inversions to transfer pricing developments.
The product now features multiple tools to help research Value Added Taxes and Withholding Tax Rates and quickly compare rates and laws across 114 jurisdictions. It also includes the International Tax Developments Tracker, which alerts practitioners to the latest tax developments for topics and jurisdictions they care about most.
"Managing tax policy, rate changes and information across dozens of countries represents an enormous and ongoing challenge," said Darren McKewen, President, Tax & Specialty Division, Bloomberg BNA. "We spoke with practitioners around the globe as we developed these new features, and one thing that stood out is the need to stay on top of all of the latest changes across a large number of jurisdictions and a wide array of tax topics in order to craft effective tax strategies. With the Premier International Tax Library's new functionality and content, such as chart builders, enhanced VAT and withholding rate tools and customizable news alerts, tax professionals now have even more resources at their disposal to ensure that their tax research is up to date and thorough."
The Premier International Tax Library is an integrated solution for tax professionals and global businesses featuring in-depth analysis, daily breaking news and developments, commentary on emerging trends, extensive coverage of major tax treaties, and ongoing discussions with leading international experts. Bloomberg BNA alone possesses the powerful combination of tax research tools, news, and primary sources — such as the Premier International Tax Library — integrated with the critical foundation of the Tax Management Portfolios™ authored by expert practitioners, providing tax professionals a full research solution.
The full set of new content and functionality includes:
- International Tax Developments Tracker, which helps tax professionals stay on top of tax news and changes with customizable filters and email alerts.
- VAT Navigator and VAT Chart Builder, which allow users to quickly compare worldwide VAT laws, practice and rates.
- Withholding Rate Chart Builder enables quick comparison of statutory withholding tax rates for a variety of tax types across countries.
- My Countries option gives users a shortcut to quickly and easily access those jurisdictions that they research most often, saving them time and improving efficiency.
- "Getting the Deal Through" provides topic-driven analysis covering tax controversy and taxation of inbound investments.
- International News provides a consolidated view into the news coverage across all of Bloomberg BNA's international news publications so users get international tax news in one place.
- Tax Treaty Analysis has been expanded with new analysis and summaries, written by in-country expert practitioners, for 31 major economies.
For more information on the Premier International Tax Library and to start a free 7-day product trial, visit here.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA