DUBLIN, Jan. 26, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Bioresorbable Coronary Stents Market Analysis By Brand Outlook (Absorb BVS, Absorb 2nd Generation, Magmaris, Magnitude, MeRes-100, DESolve), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2016 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Anticipated as well as recently launched global bioresorbable coronary stents market will trigger a revenue increase to USD 247 million by 2025.
Bioresorbable stents are intended majorly for the young adult population, whereby these individuals are enabled with a normal functioning artery following complete resorption of the dissolvable devices.Lifestyle diseases and prevalence of associated risk factors underpin the growth in atherosclerosis-related cardiac events. This drives the global disease prevalence in young adults as well as the high volume of elective Percutaneous Coronary Interventions (PCI).
What sets the second-generation bioresorbable coronary stents apart? - Learning from past mistakes, manufacturers have developed new generation bioresorbable with thinner strut thicknesses, faster resorption times, and better radial force. Amaranth, with a single-minded focus on strut thickness, has developed three such devices. Each with a thinner strut. The latest, Magnitude boasts of 100 microns.
Another factor providing a fillip to this market is the less-invasive nature of PCIs as compared to coronary artery bypass grafting, resulting in their high elective procedure volume. In most parts of the world, lack of auditing to check inappropriate surgeries drives the number of coronary stenting procedures. Hence, this market is expected to witness growth due to the high volume of elective PCI, particularly in APAC and Europe.
Further Key Findings From the Study Suggest:
- Europe region is the major contributor for the bioresorbable stents market in 2016. Subsequent to withdrawal of the bioresorbable Absorb BVS, emergence of CE-approved bioresorbable stents hold strong growth prospects for greater sales in the member countries.
- APAC follows Europe with almost 30% segment share and is expected to record the fastest growth in the future
- Absorb BVS, among the key brands, engendered the highest sales revenue in 2016, while Absorb 2nd generation device will supersede the sales of its rival devices toward the end of the forecast period
- North America trails behind as the smallest revenue generator against leading counterparts, Europe and APAC, in this market. Downfall of Abbott's Absorb BVS, the only approved FDA device, is the underlying reason for the small segment share in the U.S. region.
- Key players in this space include BIOTRONIK, Meril Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd., Abbott, Elixir Medical Corporation, REVA Medical, Arterial Remodeling Technologies, and Amaranth Medical
- Strategic efforts undertaken by the companies to gain a higher market share center on bioresorbable coronary stents development. Companies targeting the clinical pipeline have developed second-generation bioresorbable products with better design specifications, such as devices with thinner strut thicknesses and faster absorption rates that gain comparability with the gold standard, drug-eluting metallic stents.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Methodology & Scope
1.1 Information Procurement
1.1.1 Purchased database:
1.1.2 Internal database
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Geographic Scope & Assumptions
1.4 Region-wise market calculation
1.5 Region-based Segment Share Calculation
1.6 List of Secondary Sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Snapshot
Chapter 3 Bioresorbable Coronary Stents Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.1.1 Market Driver Analysis
184.108.40.206 High disease prevalence in young adults
220.127.116.11 High Elective PCI Volume
3.1.2 Market restraint analysis
18.104.22.168 Slow pace of the market: Lack of adequate clinical trial results
22.214.171.124 Low comparability of bioresorbable coronary stents to DES
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping
3.3 Bioresorbable Coronary Stents Market- SWOT Analysis, By Factor (political & legal, economic and technological)
3.4 Industry Analysis - Porter's
Chapter 4 Bioresorbable Coronary Stents Market: Brand Outlook, Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Bioresorbable Coronary Stents Market: Brand analysis
4.2 Bioresorbable Coronary Stents Market: Brand movement analysis
4.2.1 Absorb BVS, 2016 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.2 Absorb 2nd Generation, 2016 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.3 Magmaris, 2016 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.4 Magnitude, 2016 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.5 MeRes-100, 2016 - 2025 (USD Million)
4.2.6 DESolve, 2016 - 2025 (USD Million)
Chapter 5 Bioresorbable Coronary Stents Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Competitive Landscape
6.1 Strategy Framework
6.2 Market Participation Categorization
6.3 Company Profiles
Chapter 7 Clinical Pipeline Overview
7.1 Amaranth Medical
7.1.1 Company overview
7.1.2 Pipeline products
7.1.3 Clinical Trials
7.2 Microport Scientific Corporation
7.2.1 Company overview
7.2.2 Pipeline products
7.2.3 Clinical Trials
7.3.1 Company overview
7.3.2 Pipeline Products
7.3.3 Clinical Trials
- Meril Lifesciences Pvt. Ltd.
- Elixir Medical Corporation
- REVA Medical
- Arterial Remodeling Technologies
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/nnrd9m/bioresorbable?w=5
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets