SAN FRANCISCO, June 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global biological safety testing market size is expected to reach USD 5.54 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 12.2% during the forecast period. The market is predominantly driven by increasing influx of biologics, which raises the requirements of highly efficient biological safety testing tools. Rising disease burden is expected to be a major cause for high production of biologics, thereby contributing toward market growth.
Increasing prevalence of lifestyle-associated chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes serves as a key contributing factor toward increasing drug development and their subsequent commercialization. This is presumed to raise the need to scrutinize and ensure safety of targeted and specialized therapies, evaluate their outcomes, and circumvent probable shortcomings. As a consequence of high manufacturing intensity, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are increasingly incorporating biological safety testing tools to produce highly potent and contamination-free biologics to cater to the large population suffering from target diseases.
Viral safety testing is proving to be one of the primary concerns of most companies as it is a critical component of chemistry, manufacturing, and control of biologics. This presents the market with several potential growth opportunities in future.
Laboratory-based contaminations have stimulated the development and refinement of workstations by incorporating biological safety tools. Need to work with tissue cultures, maintain sterility of cell lines, and minimize cross-contamination has contributed to concerns regarding product integrity. The aforementioned factors are responsible for raising concerns of public organizations. Consistent intervention by government healthcare organizations to implement good manufacturing practices and subsequent testing and control at every production stage is believed to widen the growth opportunities of the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Biological Safety Testing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product, By Application (Vaccines & Therapeutics, Gene Therapy, Stem Cell), By Test, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2024" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biological-safety-testing-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- By product, reagents and kits accounted for the largest share of over 42.0% in 2015 as they form major components and are extensively used in research and clinical laboratories
- The instruments segment, on the other hand, is expected to witness a lucrative CAGR of 13.2% during the forecast period due to rising demand from various clinical and research laboratories
- Based on application, the vaccine segment is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 12.9% during the forecast period, which can be predominantly attributed to significant increase in disease outbreaks over the years
- Bioburden tests are expected to grow at a lucrative rate throughout the forecast period owing to high adoption rate to determine bioburden limits in wide-ranging biologics and medical devices
- North America dominated the global market with over 36.0% in 2015 owing to high R&D investments in biotechnology
- The Asia Pacific regional market is anticipated to exhibit a strong CAGR of over 13.1% during the forecast period.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Transfection Reagent And Equipment Market - The global transfection reagent & equipment market size was valued at USD 706.26 million in 2016. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period.
- In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD) Market - The global in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market size was valued at USD 65.2 billion in 2016. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period.
- Small Animal Imaging (In-vivo) Market - The global small animal imaging (in-vivo) market size was estimated at USD 1.61 billion in 2016. It is expected to rise at a CAGR of 9.0% during the forecast period.
- Ovarian Cancer Drugs Market - The global ovarian cancer drugs market size was valued at USD 1,030 million in 2016. It is expected to exhibit a phenomenal CAGR of 23.7% during the forecast period, with the U.S. at the forefront of the growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global biological safety testing market on the basis of product, application, test, and region:
- Biological Safety Testing Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Reagents & kits
- Biological Safety Testing Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Stem cell
- Tissue & tissue-based products
- Gene therapy
- Blood & blood-based therapy
- Vaccines & therapeutics
- Biological Safety Testing Test Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Sterility tests
- Cell line authentication and characterization tests
- Bioburden tests
- Endotoxin tests
- Adventitious agent detection tests
- Residual host contamination detection tests
- Biological Safety Testing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.