MADRID, September 26, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Carry The Olympic Spirit
- Promote Food Culture
The first Beijing International Cuisine Competition (BICC) will take place at the Olympic Stadium, the Bird's Nest, June 18-20, 2012. It includes the sixth Chinese chefs competition which has been organized by the East Eat Group every two years for over 10 years.
Liu Guangwei, owner of East Eat Group is Chairman of BICC, and Edouard Cointreau is the Vice-Chairman. The President of the Jury of Judges is Chef Da Dong.
The main guiding partners of the event are:
- The Beijing Municipal People's Government, including the Commissions of Commerce and Tourism.
- The Beijing Municipal Commission of the Olympic Park Management, with the National Stadium, the Bird's Nest, the China National Convention Center, and the Beijing Olympic Park Development Alliance.
The East Eat Group is the leading publisher in the food trade sector, with its magazines "Culinary Artist", "Catering Manager", and "Dietetic Research". It publishes the equivalent of the Michelin Guide for China, The Red Hat Guide, which gives Red Hats to restaurants, similar to stars. It has a national guide, and guides for each of the eight cuisines of China. It also has a cooking school, in Jinan, Shandong, with 1100 students in each class.
The event was launched in September 19, 2011 at a Press Conference in the Olympic Press Center at the Bird's Nest Stadium. Interviewed for Chinese National Television, Edouard Cointreau compared sports and cuisine "Athletes and Chefs train very hard for years to attain excellence. Athletes reach it younger, with their best physical strength. The Chinese masterchefs need up to 25 years training. In the west, it is now accepted that young chefs may reach stardom much quicker thanks to the importance of creativity, and the impact of the food media".
The event will include several highlights:
- The opening Gala Dinner at the Bird's Nest Restaurant on June 18,2012, in the former VIP area of the Olympic Stadium, with its terrace inside the stadium. It will be magical.
- The magnificent Closing Ceremony on June 20, 2012 in grand Chinese style with the Awards for the winners. The Yi Yin Award Trophy is a tribute to Prime Minister and Chef Yi Yin, from the time of the Shan dynasty, 1600 BC. He is famous for adapting cooking principles to running countries. He is considered to be the founder of Chinese culinary culture. To this day extremely few chefs have equalled his achievement of becoming Prime Minister.
Andrew Tjioe, Chairman of the Tunglok Group from Singapore unveiled the trophy.
- The Chinese chefs competition in the eight styles of cookery of China will be a highly exciting, colourful and entertaining event. It will be the sixth National competition.
- The Western Chefs demonstrations and competition will be a cultural bridge, attracting strong interest from both professionals and the numerous public. For instance, a team of 12 Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (MOF) will be present, led by President Gérard Rapp and VP Guy Etchegoinberry.
- The Arab and Middle East food competition, with Chef Ramzi as the Head Judge.
- An International forum will share conferences, round tables tastings and presentations, for trends, new products, and cultural international exchange.
- There will be cookbooks and wine books presentations and exhibitions. Food and wine tourism television shows of China will be screened. There will be a strong presence of celebrity chefs.
- Partners and sponsors will have their own stands and pavilions in the Olympic area.
As the Commissioner for Tourism of Beijing said at the launch, BICC is part of the activities of China to share with the world the cultural value of the thousands of years of Chinese cookery. After France, China wants UNESCO recognition for the Chinese table.
Edouard Cointreau ended his television interview with the symbolic importance of the event, for food culture in China and the world. "Cuisine deserves recognition and respect. It is needed to attract the young to transmit culinary culture through the generations. I am very pleased that cookery will be honored at the Birds Nest Olympic Stadium in Beijing in 2012".
CARRY THE OLYMPIC SPIRIT
PROMOTE FOOD CULTURE
For information on BICC
Gourmand World Cookbook Awards, President and Founder
China Food Television, President of Honour
Paris Cookbook Fair, President
WFWF-TV, World Association of Food TV Producers, President
Beijing Olympic Park International Cuisine Competition 2012, Vice-Chairman
Paris Cookbookfair Video on youtube.com
SOURCE Gourmand Books