STOCKHOLM, Feb 07, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Fourth quarter summary
- Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 11,116 m (10,791), an increase of 3.0%.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 2.5%.
- Like-for-like sales for Group-owned stores increased by 1.3%.
- Operating profit was SEK 401 m (448), corresponding to an operating margin of 3.6% (4.2%).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 399 m (441).
- Net profit was SEK 307 m (341), and earnings per share were SEK 1.46 (1.63).
- In December Axfood made a public cash offer to the shareholders of Matse Holding AB (publ), which is listed on Nasdaq First North.
- The Board of Directors proposes an ordinary dividend of SEK 6.00 per share (5.00, plus an extra dividend of 4.00).
- Axfood is focusing on growth and new investments, and the forecast is an operating profit in 2017 to be level with the outcome for 2016.
Summary full-year 2016
- Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 43,355 m (41,247), an increase of 5.1%.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 4.0%.
- Like-for-like sales for Group-owned stores increased by 2.0%.
- Operating profit was SEK 1,902 m (1,760), corresponding to an operating margin of 4.4% (4.3%).
- Profit after financial items was SEK 1,894 m (1,749).
- Net profit was SEK 1,473 m (1,361), and earnings per share were SEK 7.02 (6.48).
Significant events after the balance sheet date
- On 25 January 2017 Axfood executed its offer to the shareholders of Matse Holding AB (publ), as all conditions were fulfilled.
For further information, please contact:
President and CEO,
Head of Investor Relations,
The information herein is such that Axfood AB (publ) is required to make public in accordance with the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Swedish Securities Market Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person listed here, at 7:30 a.m. (CET) on 7 February 2017.
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com
The following files are available for download: