SAN FRANCISCO, May 18, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The global automotive infotainment market is expected to reach USD 15.13 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 9.3% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030 according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The increasing demand for advanced safety features, self-driving vehicles, digital cockpits for driver assistance, and entertainment purposes is driving the growth of the automotive infotainment market. Furthermore, changing consumer preferences toward technologically advanced products are the key factors contributing to the growth of the overall automotive infotainment market.
Key Insights & Findings from the report:
- Increasing penetration of augmented reality technology is majorly contributing to the rising development of the heads-up display segment during the forecast period 2022 to 2030.
- The OE fitted segment is expected to hold significant market share by volume in the automotive infotainment market, this is majorly due to its easier serving, low maintenance, and company warranty feature.
- The passenger car segment accounted for the largest revenue share of around 80.0% of the overall automotive infotainment market in 2021. The increasing demand for the technology advanced features in the passenger vehicles, used by the transportation sector, is a key contributor to the major share of the segment.
Read 110-page market research report, "Automotive Infotainment Market Size, Share & Trend Analysis Report By Product Type (Audio Unit, Display Units, Heads-Up Displays), By Fit Type, By Vehicle Type, And Regional Forecasts, 2022 - 2030", published by Grand View Research.
Automotive Infotainment Market Growth & Trends
Collaboration & partnership between e-commerce companies and automobile manufacturers are expected to create new growth opportunities for the automotive infotainment market. For instance, in January 2022, Amazon.com Inc. and Stellantis NV collaborated to develop the trucks and cars equipped with the Amazon software dashboard and deploy them within the Amazon delivery vehicles fleet. These vehicles will be equipped with infotainment system and collect real-time data using the Amazon cloud service.
One of the critical challenges the automotive infotainment market faces is the shutting down of 3G networking services by a major cellular operator such as AT&T. The company shut down its 3G network in March 2021, and other networking firms are following the same path. Millions of cars connected with 3G networks will face serious network issues, making the installed infotainment system incompatible.
Prominent automobile manufacturers are working closely with software development companies for developing a technologically advanced solution that provides an edge over their competitors. In January 2021, General Motors and Cruise took a strategic move by entering into a long-term partnership with Microsoft to accelerate its sales and incorporate cloud computing for self-driving vehicles. The strategic partnership is expected to bring innovations in self-driving vehicles and create new growth opportunities for the automotive infotainment market.
Automotive Infotainment Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global automotive infotainment market, based on the product type, fit type, vehicle type, and region:
Automotive Infotainment Market - Product Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Audio unit
- Display unit
- Heads-Up display
- Navigation unit
- Communication unit
Automotive Infotainment Market - Fit Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- OE Fitted
Automotive Infotainment Market - Vehicle Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Passenger Cars
- Commercial Vehicles
Automotive Infotainment Market - Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East &Africa
List of Key Players in Automotive Infotainment Market
- Alpine Electronics
- Clarion Co., Ltd.
- Continental AG
- Delphi Automotive PLC
- Denso Corporation
- Harman International
- JVC KENWOOD Corporation
- Panasonic Corporation
- Pioneer Corporation
- Visteon Corporation
Check out more related studies published by Grand View Research:
- In-car Infotainment Market - The global in-car infotainment market size is expected to reach USD 37,628.2 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 12.6% from 2019 to 2025, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Smartphones happen to be the most prominently-used connectivity gateways for an infotainment system. Hence, any growth in the adoption of smartphones across the globe is anticipated to have a significant impact on the in-car infotainment system market.
- Electric Vehicle Infotainment Market - The global electric vehicle infotainment market size is expected to reach USD 225.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for in-car infotainment systems has been a major factor driving market growth. In addition, increasing adoption of small and medium sized EV has led to the increased utilization of infotainment systems.
- Automotive Cyber Security Market - The global automotive cyber security market size is expected to reach USD 5.56 billion by 2025 expanding at a CAGR of 21.4% during the forecast period, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing risks of data breaching due to rise in number of connected and automated vehicles will drive the market. Moreover, growing emphasis of OEMs on strengthening cyber security policies is expected to propel the demand for automotive cyber security over the projected period.
Browse through Grand View Research's Automotive & Transportation Industry Research Reports.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Grand View Compass | Grand View Pipeline
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.