CHESTER, England, May 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Sainsbury's Bank Personal Loan Moves to 5.9 Per Cent on Loans Over £7,500 Taken Over 1-3 Years
The launch of a new personal loan rate of 5.9 per cent from Sainsbury's Bank for borrowing between £7,500 and £15,000 taken over 1-3 years, marks the first time rates have fallen below 6.0 per cent since September 2007.
The average interest rates for the top 10 unsecured personal loans have fallen to 6.27 per cent, the lowest rate since May 2007 when the average was 6.28 per cent, according to analysis by MoneySupermarket.com.
Tim Moss, head of loans and debt at MoneySupermarket.com, said: "There is no doubt the credit crunch has had a significant impact on the personal loans market. Although there has been healthy competition over the past two years, this rate reduction by Sainsbury's Bank is a real landmark - there hasn't been a rate below 6.0 per cent since the financial crisis began.
"Although it is unclear at this stage how other providers will react, it is good to see rates coming down despite the country falling back into recession. This year, we have seen demand for personal loans remain high as consumers look to consolidate debts from other forms of borrowing.
"To qualify for this market leading loan rate from Sainsbury's Bank you have to take it out over one - three years and be a Nectar cardholder. The other key thing that affects the rate of loan you are offered is your personal credit score. This low rate of 5.9 per cent will only be available to those with excellent credit histories. Anyone who doesn't fit this profile may be declined or charged a higher rate of interest."
Top 10 Personal Loan Rates at £7,500
GBP7,500 over 3 years Rate Sainsbury's Bank 5.9 Derbyshire BS 6.0 Clydesdale Bank 6.0 M&S 6.0 Zopa Loan 6.1 Tesco Bank 6.1 HSBC 6.2 Sainsbury's Shopper Reward 6.7 Nationwide BS 6.8 RBS 6.9 Average 6.27
Sourced by http://www.MoneySupermarket.com 30.04.2012
MoneySupermarket.com's customer commitment
- No other site compares more prices or products
- We are independent so only find the best deals for you
- The price you see is the price you pay - you don't need to go direct and you won't get a better deal doing so
- Your details are safe with us and we won't sell them to anybody
MoneySupermarket.com compares (at 29th March 2012)
- 98 car insurance providers and 81 home insurance providers
- 11 broadband providers and 18 energy providers
- 31 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 62 mortgage lenders and 28 credit card providers
- 67 savings providers and 37 current account providers.
- Over 1,750,000 mobile phone deals
We promise to be clear and impartial
- All the products in our full search results tables are displayed in a completely unbiased manner.
- We don't add fees or commissions on to the prices we compare.
- There may be times when another site compares more companies than us on a particular product, perhaps because of market changes or technical issues. You'll be able to see this and know we are working hard to fix it.
We promise to be trustworthy
- We never use your data to make unwanted sales calls or send you spam.
- We never pass your personal information to third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
- Even if you choose to receive additional information from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We promise to be supportive.
- You can use our community forum to get information and help from other customers.
If you need further help or support, you can contact our sales advisors or customer services agents.
For further information, please contact:
PR Manager (Financial Services)