DUBLIN, Feb. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Stethoscope Market Analysis By Type (Manual Stethoscopes, Electronic Stethoscopes), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global stethoscope market is expected to reach USD 522.6 million by 2025
The global increase in cardiac and pulmonary diseases is likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
Furthermore, increase in investments by key companies and government agencies for development and commercialization of various innovative, accurate, and improved frequency, easy-to-use stethoscopes is likely to drive the market. For instance, in October 2015, Rijuven Corporation launched a new FDA-approved device, CardioSleeve, for pediatric use with electrocardiography skills to convert any existing stethoscope into a smart mobile-connected device with digital auscultation, digital analysis, arrhythmia, or murmur, which can identify heart failure.
Entry of various electronic stethoscopes in the market is likely to drive the segment at the fastest rate during the forecast period. In August 2015, Eko launched the first Android-connected digital stethoscope that amplifies 40X and enables wireless streaming of heart and lung sounds via a mobile app. This device received Class II FDA approval and is compatible with iOS.
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Growing geriatric population, increasing healthcare expenditure, and availability of technologically advanced stethoscopes are some of the factors expected to boost the market in the coming years
- The manual stethoscope segment accounted for the highest share of the market in 2016 and is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the availability of several products with advanced tunable technology that provides improved clinical accuracy to monitor the cardiac rate.
- The electronic segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in coming years owing to the introduction of innovative products that can be connected to a computer and enable storage for further analysis & transmission of recorded sounds.
- Geographically, North America was the major contributor to the stethoscope market in 2016. It is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the forecast period due to the launch of advanced products, greater adoption of portable ultrasound stethoscope systems for early detection, and increase in prevalence & diagnosis of lifestyle-associated diseases.
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness significant growth over the next decade owing to the presence of local and key market players in the region, growing geriatric population, and increasing healthcare expenditure in major markets such as Japan and China. Asia Pacific is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 5% from 2017 to 2025
- Some of the key players are 3M; Medline Industries, Inc.; Welch Allyn; GF Health Products, Inc.; Rudolf Riester GmbH; American Diagnostic Corporation; Cardionics; Heine Optotechnik GmbH & Co. KG; and Smiths Medical.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1. Executive Summary
1.1. Market Snapshot
Chapter 2. Methodology and Scope
2.1. Research Methodology
2.2. Research Scope & Assumptions
2.3. List of Data Sources
Chapter 3. Stethoscope Industry Outlook
3.1. Market Segmentation
3.2. Market Size and Growth Prospects, 2014 - 2025
3.3. Market Dynamics
3.3.1. Market driver analysis
3.3.2. Market restraint analysis
3.4. Key Opportunities Prioritized
3.5. Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.6. PESTEL Analysis, 2016
3.7. Stethoscope Competitive Scenario, 2016
3.7.1. Competitive landscape/heat map analysis: Market position analysis (based on product portfolio, regional presence, and strategic initiatives)
Chapter 4. Stethoscope Market: Product Type Outlook
4.1. Stethoscope Market Share by Type, 2016 & 2025 (USD Million)
4.2. Manual Stethoscopes
4.3. Electronic Stethoscopes
Chapter 5. Stethoscope Market: Regional Outlook
Chapter 6. Competitive Landscape
- Medline Industries Inc.
- Welch Allyn (Subsidiary of Hill-Rom Services Inc)
- GF Health Products Inc
- Rudolf Riester GmbHC
- American Diagnostic Corporation
- Cardionics Inc. (USA)
- Heine Optotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
- Smiths Medical (Subsidiary of Smiths Group plc)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ll66ql/500_million?w=5
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets