DUBLIN, October 10, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Health Information Exchange (HIE) Market Analysis By Setup Type, By Implementation Model, By Solution Type, By Application And Segment Forecasts To 2024" report to their offering.
The global healthcare information exchange (HIE) market is expected to reach USD 2.21 billion by 2024
The increasing need for greater access to patient health information is a potent driver of the health information exchange market. Additionally, the increasing awareness pertaining to the health information exchange owing to the presence of government and non-profit organizations, such as Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS),is the major factor expected to drive the growth of the aforementioned industry over the forecast period.
Furthermore, the increasing focus towards advanced healthcare solutions along with the increased provision of funds from government organizations to expand healthcare information systems is expected to increase the adoption of HIE systems in the near future. For example, the presence of the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), which is instrumental in providing funds pertinent to HIE implementation in the U.S.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The private health information exchange segment dominated the setup type segment with respect to the revenue share of over 52.0% in 2015. This dominance is attributed to presence of larger number of service providers and higher cost efficiency in the above-mentioned segment.
- Under the category of implementation model of health information exchange, the hybrid model segment is anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate due to the associated benefits, such as improved patient care delivery and enhanced operational efficiency of the practices
- Kentucky HIE is a hybrid model implemented with an objective to provide patient information related to chronic disease management and preventive health via messaging, alerts, and other communication tools. Kentucky HIE also connects to the National Health Information Network (NHIN) and enables interoperability across various health systems.
- On the basis of solution type, the platform-centric segment is expected to grow at a rapid growth rate in 2015. This can be attributed to the benefits associated with platform-centric solutions, such as storage of colossal amounts of data and facilitated health information exchange, thus the implied demand for the products in the HIE market.
- In terms of applications, the internal interfacing segment is the fastest growing segment. The increasing need to connect with a larger number of patients through the use of patient engagement tools and internal interfacing is presumed to propel the demand for the health information exchange market.
- As of 2015, North America dominated the health information exchange market at over 45.0% owing to the presence of vast number of companies, supportive reimbursement policies, and the increasing implementation of EHR
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow rapidly at a CAGR of over 10.5% during the forecast period due to the rising disposable income levels, the increased awareness levels amongst healthcare practitioners regarding the healthcare information exchange systems, the presence of outsourced HIE service providers, and the rising investments in the healthcare industry by the major players
Key Topics Covered:
1. Methodology and Scope
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Health Information Exchange Market- Industry Snapshot and Key Buying Criteria, 2015
3. Health Information Exchange Industry Outlook
3.1. Health Information Exchange Market Segmentation
3.2. Health Information Exchange Market Size and Growth Prospects
3.3. Health Information Exchange Market Dynamics
3.3.1. Market Driver Analysis
188.8.131.52. Need for Greater Access to Patient Health Information
184.108.40.206. Need to Curtail Healthcare Cost
220.127.116.11. Rising Awareness of HIE Technology
3.3.2. Market Restraint Analysis
18.104.22.168. Requirement of Significant Infrastructure Investment Coupled with Low ROI
22.214.171.124. Data Privacy and Security Concerns
3.4. Key Opportunities Prioritized
3.5. Industry Analysis - Porter's
3.6. Competitive Landscape: Market Position Analysis (based on products, regional presence, and strategic initiatives)
3.7. Health Information Exchange Market PESTEL Analysis, 2015
4. Health Information Exchange Setup Type Outlook
4.1. Health Information Exchange Market Share By Setup Type, 2015 & 2024
5. Health Information Exchange Implementation Model Outlook
5.1. Health Information Exchange Market Share By Implementation Model, 2015 & 2024
5.2. Centralized Model
5.3. Decentralized Model
5.4. Hybrid Model
6. Health Information Exchange Solution Type Outlook
6.1. Health Information Exchange Market Share By Solution Type, 2015 & 2024
7. Health Information Exchange Application Outlook
7.1. Health Information Exchange Market Share By Application, 2015 & 2024
7.2. Web Portal Development
7.3. Internal Interfacing
7.4. Work Flow Management
8. Health Information Exchange Regional Outlook
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1. GE Healthcare
9.2. IBM Corporation
9.3. Siemens AG
9.4. Orion Health, Inc.
9.5. Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc.
9.6. Medicity, Inc.
9.7. CareEvolution, Inc.
9.8. Cerner Corporation
9.10. RelayHealth Corporation
For more information about this report visit
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets