SAN FRANCISCO, October 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The global xerostomia therapeutics market is expected to reach USD 796.1 million by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increase in favorable reimbursement policies for xerostomia products and growing awareness about associated diseases are the major factors contributing toward market growth.
In addition, increasing prevalence of xerostomia and associated diseases such as Sjogren's syndrome, diabetes, hypertension, and Parkinson's disease has a positive impact on the overall market. According to Colgate-Palmolive Company, 25 million people in the U.S. experience dry mouth. According to Sjogren Syndrome Foundation of America, around 4 million Americans are suffering from Sjogren's syndrome, an autoimmune disorder.
Growing initiatives for raising awareness about xerostomia and associated diseases are expected to drive growth. For instance, Sjogren Syndrome Foundation of America conducts awareness programs and supports patients suffering from the syndrome in the U.S. and Canada. In 2012, the foundation launched the "5-Year Breakthrough Goal" with an aim to reduce the time required to diagnose the condition to less than 2.5 years by 2017.
Furthermore, major players focus on acquiring emerging companies and conduct programs to raise awareness about dry mouth condition. For instance, Orajel, a brand of Church & Dwight Co., Inc. initiated a campaign with the help of iCrossing, a digital marketing agency to educate parents about the importance of oral care.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Xerostomia (Dry Mouth) Therapeutics Market Analysis By Type (OTC, Prescription), By Product (Salivary Stimulants, Salivary Substitutes, Dentifrices), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/xerostomia-dry-mouth-therapeutics-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global xerostomia (Dry Mouth) therapeutics market size was estimated at USD 602.3 million in 2016 and is expected to grow with CAGR of 3.2% from 2017 to 2025
- The OTC segment dominated the market due to factors such as ease in availability, affordability, and higher efficiency
- The dentifrices segment dominated the market in terms of revenue in 2016. Higher adoption of these products, accessibility, and affordability contribute to the dominance of the segment.
- North America held the largest share in 2016 owing to factors such as increasing prevalence of diseases resulting in dry mouth and growing initiatives for raising awareness about xerostomia
- The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to witness lucrative growth over the next decade due to increasing awareness of the disease and growing healthcare expenditure
- Some of the key players such as GlaxoSmithKline plc; Church & Dwight Co., Inc.; and Colgate-Palmolive Company dominated the global xerostomia therapeutics market in 2016
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Top 10 Drug Delivery Technologies Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/top-10-drug-delivery-technologies-market
- Biosimulation Technology Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/biosimulation-technology-market
- Vertebral Compression Fracture Devices Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/vertebral-compression-fracture-devices-market
- Spinal Non Fusion Technologies Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/spinal-non-fusion-technologies-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global xerostomia therapeutics market on the basis of type, products, and region:
- Type Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Product Outlook (Market Revenue in USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Salivary Stimulants
- Salivary Substitutes
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.