SAN FRANCISCO, October 3, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global women's health therapeutics market size is expected to reach USD 210.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8.8% over the forecast period. Entry of effective drugs, a rise in awareness about early diagnosis and treatment, along with prevalence of chronic diseases are among the key factors likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
The women's health therapeutics market is expected to witness high growth in the forthcoming years due to increasing investment by key market players to fulfill demand in areas of infection, cancer, and pregnancy-related complications. In October 2016, Prelude Fertility, Inc. received USD 200 million from the Reproductive Biology Associates (RBA) and My Egg Bank North America (MEB) that focuses on providing fertility services and treatment to people with delayed childbirth. Juneau Biosciences, LLC has deployed USD 35 million until 2017 towards development of molecular diagnostics and therapeutics for endometriosis (uterus) conditions.
In January 2018, Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. acquired The Medicines Company's infectious diseases business. This acquisition would help to the former expand its portfolio by offering life-saving treatment options. In November 2017, Biocon launched KRABEVA, a biosimilar used for the treatment of metastatic colorectal, cervical, ovarian, and brain cancer. Increasing investments by top market players are anticipated to propel the global market over the forecast period.
There is significant unmet need associated with treatment options for female sexual dysfunction. Currently, there are no Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved drugs for the treatment of female sexual dysfunction and many promising molecules are in late stage of development phase. Some of these molecules include LibiGel by BioSante Pharmaceuticals and Femprox by Apricus Bio, currently in Phase III and Phase II of clinical trials respectively in U.S.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Women's Health Therapeutics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (Infection, Pregnancy, Oncology), By Region (North America, Europe, APAC, LATAM, MEA), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/womens-health-therapeutics-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- By type, infection accounted for the largest market share in 2017 and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period due to rising drug approvals, availability of diagnostic tests and treatments, and high incidence of infectious diseases
- Ovarian cancer is anticipated to be the fastest-growing sub-segment of oncology during the forecast period due to high prevalence of ovarian cancer and approval of new and improved drugs
- North America is expected to maintain its dominance in the coming years due to high awareness about women's health, increase in number of advanced diagnostic and treatment methods, mergers and acquisitions by market players, and rise in infections and cancer cases
- Asia Pacific is likely to witness significant growth over the next decade due to improving healthcare facilities, increase in commercialization and approval of products, and investment by market players
- Some of the key players in women's health therapeutics market are Bayer AG, Merck & Co., Pfizer, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, AstraZeneca, Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) Company, Eli Lilly and Company, Novartis AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Mylan N.V., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, and Sanofi.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Drug And Gene Delivery Devices Market - The global drug and gene delivery system market size was valued at USD 379.2 Billion in 2015.
- Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical Services Outsourcing Market - The global pharmaceutical/biotechnology services outsourcing market was valued at USD 40.3 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% over the forecast period.
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API) Market - The global Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) market size was valued at USD 134.2 billion in the year 2015 and is estimated to reach a value of USD 239.8 billion by 2025.
- Botulinum Toxin Market - The global botulinum toxin (BNT) market was valued at USD 3.4 billion in 2015 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global women's health therapeutics market based on type and region:
- Women's Health Therapeutics Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Cervical Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Vaginal & Vulvar Cancer
- Women's Health Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.