SAN FRANCISCO, January 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
New Market Research Reports Title Global Waterproof Breathable Textiles (WBT) Market Analysis, Size And Segment Forecasts To 2020 Has Been Added to GrandViewReseach.com Report Database
The global waterproof breathable textiles market is expected to reach USD 1.73 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing preference towards high-performance as well as comfortable apparel is expected to drive market growth over the forecast period. Additionally, rising consumer disposable income and growing fitness awareness are also expected to favorably impact waterproof breathable textiles market growth. The global market has become technologically advanced as a result of plasma and silicon-based technologies. Increasing use of recycled PET bottles to manufacture waterproof breathable fabrics is also expected to fuel global market growth.
For more information, tables and figures, visit - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-industry
Changes in consumer interest or consumer preferences in outdoor activities may pose a challenge to waterproof breathable textile market growth. In addition, changes in fashion trends may also have a great impact on product demand. The market is characterized by certain risks as the business requires companies to anticipate consumer preferences, as decision regarding product designs are often made in advance to consumer acceptance, which may hamper market growth.
Browse All Reports of Grand View Research @ http://www.grandviewresearch.com/info/reports-and-publications
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Membranes are expected to be a high growth segment over the forecast period owing to their capability to provide protection from UV-radiation, airborne pollutants and temperature variations.
- On account of surging demand for waterproof breathable textiles in active sportswear, garments are expected to remain the dominant segment over the forecast period. Waterproof breathable textiles offer high performance as against traditional fabrics, thereby making them popular among consumers.
- Waterproof breathable textiles demand in the active sportswear segment can be attributed to the rise in demand for antimicrobial, antiviral, dirt/stain/dew resistant fabrics.
- Europe was the largest regional market in 2013, and accounted for over 30% of the global market in the same year. Presence of several key industry players is expected to fuel regional market growth over the forecast period.
- Key market players include W. L. Gore & Associates, eVent (General Electric), Polartec and SympaTex. Industry participants focus on offering environmentally viable products that are recyclable, PTFE-free and PFC-free. W. L. Gore & Associates was the market leader in 2013. The company emphasizes on maintaining a tight control over its manufacturing process for all products in which its fabric was used, ensuring quality and creating entry barriers.
Related Reports by Grand View Research:
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global waterproof breathable textiles market on the basis of textile, product, application and region:
Waterproof Breathable Textile Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Densely Woven
Waterproof Breathable Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
Waterproof Breathable Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Active Sportswear
Waterproof Breathable Textile Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
More Related Reports:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Web: Grand View Research
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.