- Leading electronics event marks automotive supplier's first European technology showcase following acquisition of Johnson Controls' electronics business
KERPEN, Germany, Sept. 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE: VC) will present a range of its latest automotive electronic products and innovations at Electronica 2014 in Munich, Germany, from Nov. 11-14. Visteon's display will include several new interactive cockpit concepts including connected vehicle technologies in Hall A6, Booth 343.
Electronica 2014 is Visteon's first European technology showcase since its July 1 acquisition of Johnson Controls' electronics business, which positioned Visteon as the world's third largest cockpit electronics supplier with leadership positions in each of its core segments. Considered the world's largest trade fair for electronic components, systems and applications, Electronica is celebrating its 50th year in 2014.
Visteon will showcase a range of interactive displays that will demonstrate its latest cockpit electronics solutions, advanced driver information, infotainment and connected vehicle technologies. Highlights of Visteon's new connected cockpit demonstrations include:
- Fusion Cockpit: A unique human-machine interaction (HMI) concept, fusing the domains of driver information, infotainment, connectivity and Cloud into a single hardware platform. Fusion also features one intuitive HMI across all driver interaction displays, incorporating increased feature-sets across multiple operating systems.
- Centerpiece Cockpit: Features the latest driver Information and infotainment innovations within one concept, including a multi-modal HMI.
- OASIS Cockpit: A new connected cockpit concept for vehicles – developed in collaboration with Cisco Systems – designed to securely connect all aspects of the car to the driver and cloud computing.
- Renault NEXT TWO Connected Cockpit: A co-development project with Renault, delivering a connected vehicle experience with semi-autonomous driving features.
"Visteon's cockpit electronics and connectivity solutions combine the latest consumer electronics technology with automotive innovation," said Christian Feltgen, vice president, technology office, Visteon Electronics. "The technologies we are bringing to Electronica will demonstrate how we design and build solutions that can adapt to the rapid evolution in consumer technology and expectations whilst meeting all automotive requirements."
Visteon's Bruno Pinto, Technical Sales Manager, will join the lineup of speakers at the Electronica Automotive Conference on Oct. 10, with a presentation titled "Delivering the Connected Vehicle User Experience."
Visteon is a global automotive supplier delivering value for vehicle manufacturers and shareholders through two high-growth core businesses: automotive cockpit electronics and thermal management. Visteon owns 70 percent of Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp., the world's second largest provider of vehicle thermal management solutions. Visteon designs, engineers and manufactures innovative components and systems for virtually every vehicle manufacturer worldwide. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; Visteon has facilities in 31 countries and employs about 29,000 people. Visteon had sales of $7.4 billion in 2013. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation