- Global automotive supplier to demonstrate how Cloud-based technologies and connected services will help vehicles remain current and personalized throughout their lifetimes
VAN BUREN TOWNSHIP, Michigan, Dec. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Visteon Corporation (NYSE:VC) will premiere a range of innovative connected vehicle technologies and services at the 2015 International CES, Jan. 6-9, 2015. Visteon's booth will be located in Central Plaza #20 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Through a range of highly interactive displays and in-vehicle demonstrations, Visteon will demonstrate Cloud-based, connected technologies which, through live 4GLTE over-the-air connections, provide new features and services enhancing the driving experience and the residual value of the vehicle over its lifetime. Visteon also will showcase its advanced developments for autonomous driving through fully immersive simulators.
"As we transition into the era of the connected car, CES has become a significant automotive technology showcase and our biggest customer event of the year," said Visteon President and CEO Tim Leuliette. "We will showcase current, near-term, and advanced technologies that will extend the relevance of the car's electronics for both automakers and consumers."
Now in its 16th year at CES, Visteon has one of the longest-running participation levels among automotive companies at the annual show, which is one of the world's biggest gatherings of consumer technologies.
"Technology will define how mobility, the Internet of Things and the auto industry work together to build the cars and transportation systems of the future," said Martin T. Thall, Visteon's executive vice president and president, electronics. "At the 2015 CES, Visteon will showcase how we fuse technology, innovation and ecosystem partnerships to unlock the value of connectivity and transform driving into a connected experience."
Highlights of Visteon technology that will debut at CES include:
- Connected Vehicle Gallery: The gallery demonstrates how connectivity can create value for automakers, dealers and consumers by keeping the vehicle up-to-date – minimizing warranty and service costs, ensuring data security and offering new services. Several methods of over-the-air software upgrades will be demonstrated on various vehicles.
- Improved Passenger Experience: The SmartCore™ integrated solution is an industry first – integrating traditional driver information, infotainment and connectivity through one seamless human machine interaction (HMI). Multiple domains can be run side-by-side on scalable hardware through different operating systems, greatly reducing complexity.
- Staying Current: The Semper Novus: Latin for "always new," the Semper Novus cockpit concept demonstrates unique and easy ways for consumers to update their vehicles through hardware updates and software downloads. The concept gives automakers the opportunity to keep the vehicle perpetually current and introduce new services so consumers can enjoy an "always new" experience.
- Driverless Roads: Autonomous driving experience simulators, based on Visteon's proprietary consumer research on HMI preferences, represent a vision of the evolution of autonomous driving. The fully immersive simulators bring to life futuristic driving scenarios and use cases.
Underscoring the expanding intersection between consumer technologies and the vehicle, a record 11 automotive manufacturers will exhibit at the 2015 CES. Automotive exhibits will cover more than 165,000 net square feet of exhibit space, up 17 percent from the 2014 show.
About Visteon Visteon Corporation is a global automotive supplier that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative products for nearly every vehicle manufacturer worldwide. Visteon delivers value for its customers and shareholders through two technology-focused core businesses: vehicle cockpit electronics and thermal energy management. Visteon owns 70 percent of Halla Visteon Climate Control Corp., one of only two global full-line automotive thermal management suppliers. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Mich. (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; Visteon has approximately 26,000 employees at facilities in 29 countries. Visteon had sales of $7.4 billion in 2013. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
SOURCE Visteon Corporation