SAN FRANCISCO, July 8, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global unidirectional tapes market size is expected to reach USD 517.9 million by 2027, registering a 14.0% CAGR, according to a new report by Grand View Research Inc. The rapidly rising demand for technologically advanced and fuel-efficient aircraft is expected to improve the application of the product in the aerospace and defense sector, thereby drving the overall market.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Thermoplastic unidirectional tapes segment accounted for the majority of the demand with USD 129.6 million revenue in 2019 owing to the low cost of the product as compared to other resin UD tapes
- Carbon fiber UD tapes segment dominated the market with 80.64% share in 2019 owing to superior strength to weight ratio and impact resistance offered by the tapes
- Sports and leisure end-use segment is expected to witness a notable CAGR of over 14.79% over the forecast period on account of rapidly rising usage of composite materials in the manufacturing of sports goods and equipment
- In 2019, North America market revenue stood at USD 72.4 million and the region is projected to expand at a CAGR of 13.7% over the forecast period owing to the presence of robust manufacturing base for aerospace and defense sector
- Key players in the industry are focusing on enhancement of the production process to make it more economical and also to commercialize the product usage in several novel applications
Read 143 page research report with ToC on "Unidirectional Tapes Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Resin (Thermoplastic, Thermoset), By Fiber (Glass, Carbon), By End Use (Aerospace & Defense, Automotive), And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/unidirectional-tapes-market
Unidirectional (UD) tapes offer superior strength to weight ratio as compared to other conventional aerospace materials. Thus, the UD tapes play a critical role in replacing the metal components in the primary and secondary structures of the aircraft. In addition, these tapes also offer exceptional abrasion resistance and high stiffness, thereby driving the demand.
Advancements in unidirectional tape prepreg technology are expected to enhance the laying up speed for thermoplastics composite parts. The aforementioned composite process development is projected to facilitate the aerospace sector to manufacture composite parts at higher speed and economy, thereby positively impacting the overall product demand.
Key players in the industry are continuously focusing on improving the manufacturing cost of the unidirectional tapes, which has emerged as the major growth constraint for the UD tapes market. In addition, the players are also employing efforts to commercialize the product usage in newly discovered applications, thereby increasing its market potential.
Grand View Research has segmented the global unidirectional tapes market on the basis of resin, fiber, end use, and region:
- Unidirectional Tapes Resin Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq.M, Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Thermoplastic UD Tapes
- Thermoset UD Tapes
- Unidirectional Tapes Fiber Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq.M, Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Glass Fiber
- Carbon Fiber
- Other Fiber
- Unidirectional Tapes End-use Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq.M, Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Sports & Leisure
- Other Applications
- Unidirectional Tapes Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Sq.M, Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America (CSA)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- List of Key Players in Unidirectional Tapes Market
- Evonik Industries
- Hexcel Corporation
- Royal Tencate
- SGL Group
- Teijin Limited
- BASF SE
- Celanese Corporation
- PRF Composite Materials
- TCR Composites
Find more research reports on Advanced Interior Materials Industry, by Grand View Research:
- U.S. Aerospace Components MRO Market– Increasing air traffic on account of improved standards of living and increased spending capacity are expected to drive the market growth over the forecast period.
- U.S. Resilient Flooring Market– Rising awareness regarding insulation, owing to of increasing energy costs and growing importance for energy conservation is expected to drive the market growth.
- North America Below Grade Waterproofing Membranes Market– Increasing construction spending particularly on development and renovation of commercial spaces is expected to drive market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.