SAN FRANCISCO, October 17, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global tumor ablation market size is anticipated to reach USD 2.16 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 11.12% over the forecast period. High prevalence of cancer across the globe is the key market driver. About 13.0% of population suffers from cancer each year, as per the statistics by the World Health Organization (WHO). Extensive adoption of minimally invasive procedures due to the benefits such as less trauma, speedy recovery, and faster recovery is anticipated to bode well for market expansion.
Increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries coupled with technological advancements in thermal ablation is anticipated to boost market growth. For instance, Usage of cooled radiofrequency denervation technique-a procedure that uses radiofrequency thermal energy to ablate sensory nerve fibers of the sacroiliac joint-with internally cooled radiofrequency probes to enlarge size of the lesion. Similarly, in February 2015, SonaCare Medical LLC launched Sonalink-a remote patient monitoring platform-that can be used during HIFU procedures.
In addition, rising per capita income is enabling people to opt for advanced treatment for tumors. This factor is anticipated to positively influence market growth over the forecast period. Active role of healthcare agencies and government in creating awareness about various cancer types is expected to facilitate usage of tumor ablation therapy.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Tumor Ablation Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Treatment (Surgical, Laparoscopic), By Technology (Radiofrequency, Microwave, Cryoablation), By Application, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/tumor-ablation-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Radiofrequency emerged as the dominant technology segment with 30.5% share in 2016 attributed to application in removal of solid tumors
- Percutaneous procedures are expected to witness lucrative growth over the forecast period due to rising demand for minimally invasive procedures offering faster recovery and higher safety
- Lung cancer is anticipated to witness substantial growth owing to high prevalence caused by sedentary lifestyle, rise in smoking, and air pollution
- North America dominated the overall market in the past due to high prevalence of cancer in Canada, high purchasing power parity, government support for quality healthcare, and availability of reimbursement
- Major players operating in the tumor ablation market include, Galil Medical Inc.; Misonix Inc.; HealthTronics, Angiodynamics; Boston Scientific Corporation; Medtronic Plc. (Covidien); SonaCare Medical; EDAP TMS S.A.; and Neuwave Medical Inc.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Elemental Analysis Market - The global elemental analysis market size was valued at USD 1.20 billion in 2016 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% during the forecast period.
- Brachytherapy Market - The global brachytherapy market size was valued at around USD 312.2 million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 4.76% over the forecast period.
- Wearable Injectors Market - The global wearable injectors market size was valued at USD 2.9 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 16.4% during the forecast period.
- Disposable Medical Sensors Market - The global disposable medical sensors market size was valued at USD 5.1 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach USD 12.3 billion in 2025 at a CAGR of 10.2% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global tumor ablation market on the basis of technology, treatment, application, and region:
- Tumor Ablation Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Irreversible Electroporation
- Tumor Ablation Treatment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Tumor Ablation Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Liver Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Other Cancers
- Tumor Ablation Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.