SAN FRANCISCO, March 25, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global synthetic leather market size is expected to reach USD 52.96 billion by 2027, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. It is projected to expand at a strong CAGR of 7.8%, in terms of revenue during the forecast years. Increasing scope of application for the product in footwear has been a major factor driving the growth. Growing importance and awareness about animal rights along with stringent laws regarding the usage of real leather is anticipated to further fuel the product demand.
Key suggestions from the report:
- PU leather emerged as the largest product segment in 2019 and is estimated to generate revenue over USD 32.9 billion by 2027
- Asia Pacific (APAC) is projected to witness the fastest growth over the estimated period owing to rapid economic growth across countries, such as India, China, Japan, and Korea
- Rapid development of construction and automotive manufacturing industries in APAC is also fueling the product demand in the regional market
- Countries, such as South Korea, Taiwan, China, and India, are emerging as leading producers of synthetic leather in the global market as a result of available of relatively cheaper raw materials
- Key companies in the global synthetic leather market include Nan Ya Plastics Corporation, Mayur Uniquoters Limited, Alfatex Italia SRL, and Kuraray Co. Ltd.
Read 109 page research report with ToC on "Synthetic Leather Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Bio-based, PVC, PU), By Application (Clothing, Furnishing, Automotive, Bags & Wallets, Footwear), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 – 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/synthetic-leather-market
Synthetic leather materials have superior properties, such as high gloss finish, durability, strength, UV resistance, and easy maintenance. Moreover, products made from faux leather are cheaper and thus, continue to attract consumers, especially from middle- and high-income level groups. However, in countries, such as Japan, the product is facing competition from Fumikodata, which is a replica of real leather and is a cruelty-free material. Polyurethane (PU) was the largest product category in 2017 and is expected to register the fastest CAGR over the forecast period.
PVC is anticipated to witness sluggish growth on account of its properties, such as sticky finish and lesser durability. Footwear application segment is expected to observe a considerable growth over the forecast period. Cheaper costs and fluctuating climatic conditions in several regions creates needs for different types of footwear. Rising disposable income levels in emerging regions are also fueling the demand for synthetic leather in the footwear segment. Rising use of athletic shoes in everyday life is further augmenting the product demand.
Grand View Research has segmented the global synthetic leather market based on product, application, and region:
- Synthetic Leather Product Outlook (Volume, Million Meter; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Synthetic Leather Application Outlook (Volume, Million Meter; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Bags & Wallets
- Synthetic Leather Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Meter; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Plastics, Polymers & Resins Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Polypropylene Compounds Market – The global polypropylene compounds market size was estimated at USD 15.78 billion in 2017. It is anticipated to register a CAGR of 7.6% over the forecast period.
- Silicone Solutions for Leather & Textiles Market – The global silicone solutions for leather & textiles market size was estimated at USD 555.2 million in 2017. Rising product innovation in terms of new apparels and accessories in fashion industry.
- Healthcare Personal Protective Equipment Market – Global healthcare personal protective equipment market is projected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period owing to the rising demand for protective clothing, respiratory and hand protective gears in the medical industry to ensure employees safety and wellbeing.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.