SAN FRANCISCO, April 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ --The global sustained release excipients market size is expected to reach USD 1.6 billion by 2026 at a 7.1% CAGR during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing focus on novel drug delivery R&D and rising adoption of extended release formulations for treatment of chronic diseases are major factors driving the market..
Key suggestions from the report:
- Polymers formed the largest revenue grossing segment by product type in 2017 and is anticipated to grow at a lucrative rate during the forecast period. This is due to its high adoption in sustained release formulations as they provide greater strength and improved shelf-life
- In terms of route of administration, the oral segment held the dominant share in 2017 and is projected to witness steady growth to retain its lead throughout the forecast period
- Transdermal technology is expected to exhibit the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to its escalating usage. It minimizes various limitations associated with oral and parenteral route of administrations
- North America dominated the overall market in 2017 due to well-developed research infrastructure and presence of leading pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical companies
- Asia Pacific is spearheading revenue growth, with Japan, China, and India at the forefront
- Some of the key companies in the market are Coating Place, Inc.; Depomed, Inc.; Corium International, Inc.; Capsugel; Aradigm Corporation; Orbis Biosciences, Inc.; and Alkermes plc.
Read 147page research report with TOC on "Sustained Release Excipients Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Polymers, Gelatin), By Route of Administration (Oral, Transdermal), By Technology (Targeted Delivery), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sustained-release-excipients-market
Use of sustained release drug formulations provides patients relief from these symptoms and helps maintain desired therapeutic drug levels in the body. In comparison to conventional drugs, sustained drug release technologies provide a wide range of benefits. Reduced dosage frequency, improved patient compliance, maintenance of constant level of drug in blood plasma, lower instances of toxicity due to overdose, and higher cost-effectiveness in the long run are some of the major advantages of using this technology.
Global rise in incidence of chronic and infectious diseases has also resulted in antibiotic resistance, which negatively affects the market for conventional dosage forms. Thus, alternative methods to manage and treat these diseases are being implemented. Use of sustained release formulations has been widely accepted among physicians in order to combat antibiotic resistance. Since these formulations create desired therapeutic drug levels in blood plasma and reduce dosage frequency, they are the preferred choice of formulation among physicians, which increases their demand.
Grand View Research has segmented the global sustained release excipients market on the basis of product, route of administration, technology, and region:
- Sustained Release Excipients Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Sustained Release Excipients Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Sustained Release Excipients Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Targeted Delivery
- Micro Encapsulation
- Wurster Technique
- Sustained Release Excipients Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Pharmaceuticals Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Hereditary Angioedema Therapeutics Market – Hereditary angioedema (HAE) is a type of rare genetic disorder that is often characterized by recurring episodes of angioedema or severe swelling owing to dysfunction or deficiency of C1 inhibitor in the individuals' blood. The recurrent episodes of the condition are caused due to triggers such as anxiety, dental procedures, surgery, medications and illnesses.
- Anti-Tumor Drugs Market– The market growth may be attributed to increasing demand and continuous development in the field of medicine. However, high cost and the side effects associated with these drugs may act as a challenge to the companies
- Biopreservation Market – Global bio-preservation market is expected to witness a lucrative growth rate over the forecast period owing to expansion of both bio-preservation media market and the bio-preservation equipment market.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.