SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The global surgical lights market size is expected to reach USD 2.2 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for latest technologies to provide patients the best possible care coupled with rising number of surgical procedures around the globe is expected to fuel the growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers prefer LED surgical lights due to advantages over halogen lights, such as energy-efficiency, less energy consumption, and longer shelf life
- Government initiatives for promoting the adoption of energy-efficient surgical lamps in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers along with increasing R&D efforts for advancements in surgical lights is driving the market
- North America dominated the market with the largest revenue share of 38.7% in 2018. This is due to the increasing number of ambulatory surgical centers for outpatient surgical procedures and growing trend for hybrid operating rooms in U.S.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period. Improvement of healthcare infrastructure is attributed to the increasing demand for surgical devices, equipment, and accessories
- Few of the surgical lights market players are STERIS plc; A-dec Inc.; BihlerMED; CV Medical; SKYTRON; Herbert Waldmann GmbH & Co. KG; Getinge AB; Hill-Rom Services; S.I.M.E.O.N. Medical GmbH & Co. KG; and Integra LifeSciences Corporation
Read 110 page research report with ToC on "Surgical Lights Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (LED, Halogen), By Application (Cardiac, Gynecological), By End User (Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Hospital Operating Rooms) And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2026" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surgical-lights-market
Surgical lights are mainly used in Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) and hospitals. They are used by surgeons, clinicians, and proceduralists for optimal visualization during a medical procedure. The lights can also be used in emergency rooms, labor and delivery, and examination rooms. A rise in the number of surgeries due to the high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases, neurological disorders, and accidents and trauma cases is anticipated to drive the demand for surgical lights in the forthcoming years. According to a 2016 report of the World Health Organization (WHO), the number of surgeries increased by ~40% from 2004 to 2012.
North America and Europe have led the surgical light market in terms of both the revenue and volume share, owing to the availability of a large number of advanced and progressive healthcare facilities and growing number of ambulatory surgery centers in the regions. In Asia Pacific, the adoption of surgical lights is rising at a significant rate, due to increasing number of well-equipped healthcare facilities in the region.
Grand View Research has segmented the global surgical light market based on product technology, application, end use, and region:
- Surgical Lights Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- LED Lights
- Halogen Lights
- Surgical Lights Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gynecological Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Surgical Lights End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- Hospital Operating Rooms
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Surgical Lights Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 - 2026)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
Find more research reports on Medical Devices, by Grand View Research:
- Thermometer Market – The global thermometer market size was valued at USD 769.3 million in the year 2016 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% during forecast period.
- Surgical Sealants And Adhesives Market – The global surgical sealants and adhesives market size was valued at USD 1.8 billion in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.7% over the forecast period.
- Pneumatic Nebulizers Market – The global pneumatic nebulizers market was valued at USD 490.6 million in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% over the forecast period.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.