SAN FRANCISCO, October 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The global surfactants market is expected to reach USD 46.20 billion by 2022, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth of personal care industry particularly in Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East is expected to remain a key driving factor for the global market. Growing demand for oilfield chemicals owing increasing drilling activities for unconventional energy in the U.S. and China is also expected to have a positive influence on the market growth. Volatile raw material prices and stringent environmental regulations is expected to pose challenge to growth prospects. Increasing penetration of biosurfactants is expected to create new avenues for industry participants.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Surfactants Market Analysis By Product (Cationic, Nonionic, Anionic, Amphoteric), By Application (Home Care, Personal Care, Industrial & Institutional Cleaners, Food Processing, Oilfield Chemicals, Agricultural Chemicals, Textiles, Emulsion Polymerization, Paints & Coatings, Construction) And Segment Forecasts To 2022" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/surfactants-market
Anionic surfactant was the leading product segment with demand share exceeding 45% in 2014. The growth may be attributed to growing linear alkyl benzene (LAB) demand used for cleaning and personal care products. Amphoteric surfactants are expected to witness the highest growth of 6.0% from 2015 to 2022.
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Global surfactants market demand was 15.93 million tons in 2014 and is expected to reach 24.19 million tons by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2015 to 2022.
- Home care application segment accounted for more than 40% of total market in 2014. Increasing disposable income level in BRIC economies is expected to drive this segment over the forecast period. Personal care is expected to witness the highest growth of 6.3% from 2015 to 2022.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the leading surfactants consumer and accounted for 32.5% of total market volume in 2014. Growing demand for personal care products and paints & coatings in China, India, Indonesia and Vietnam is expected to drive the regional growth.
- Developed markets of Europe and North America are characterized by growing consumer awareness regarding benefits offered by biosurfactants. Favorable government policies coupled with stringent regulations for synthetic surfactants are expected to spur growth of biosurfactants in these regions.
- Key industry participants operating in the global surfactants market include BASF, Akzo Nobel, Kao Corporation, Stepan Company, Rhodia, Clariant, Evonik Industries, Croda International and Huntsman Corporation.
Grand View Research has segmented the global surfactants market on the basis of product, application and region:
- Global Surfactants Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenues, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Cationic surfactant
- Nonionic surfactant
- Fatty Al Ethoxylates (AE)
- Alkyl Phenol Ethoxylates (NPE)
- Anionic surfactant
- Linear Alkyl Benzene
- FAI Ether Sulfates
- Amphoteric surfactant
- Other Surfactants
- Global Surfactants Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenues, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- Home Care
- Personal Care
- Industrial & Institutional Cleaners
- Food Processing
- Oilfield Chemicals
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Emulsion Polymerization (Plastics)
- Paints & Coatings
- Other Applications
- Global Surfactants Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenues, USD Million, 2012 - 2022)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Alcohol Ethoxylate Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/alcohol-ethoxylate-market
- Geosynthetic Clay Liner Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/geosynthetic-clay-liner-market
- Aerosol Propellants Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/aerosol-propellants-market
- Aroma Chemicals Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/aroma-chemicals-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.