SAN FRANCISCO, September 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global stevia market size is expected to reach USD 553.7 million by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period. Soaring demand for low-calorie sweeteners is expected to be a major factor propelling market growth. Considering the market is still at a nascent stage, the market is yet to realize its full potential.
Stevia contains rebaudioside-A and stevioside, which are responsible for imparting high degree of sweetness without any side effects on health. This is the major reason for the growing demand for stevia over the past few years.
Stevia acts as a natural sugar substitute. The production process starts with a herbal plant called stevia rebaudiana, which is a member of the Chrysanthemum family and grows naturally in the forests of Brazil and Paraguay. The components of stevia leaves responsible for the plant's sweetness are glycosides.
Beverages form the largest application segment and in 2015, accounted for 34.7% of the total volume. This can be attributed to increasing market penetration of stevia in various soft drinks, juices, teas, and nectar. Companies such as PepsiCo, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company have incorporated the product in their diet soft drinks and are marketed as drinks with no side effects on consumer health. Biotechnology companies are marketing the product in various forms such as liquids and powders. It is expected to replace sucrose in various food products including confectionery jellies, traditional cakes, biscuits, and other baked products.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Stevia Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Application (Beverages, Food, Pharmaceutical, Tabletop Sweeteners), By Region (North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, Latin America), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2024" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/stevia-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global market generated USD 337.7 million in 2015 and is anticipated to progress at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period
- Beverages accounted for the largest share by application in 2015, holding 34.7% of the total volume. The segment is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period owing to increasing use of stevia in various carbonated drinks to expand consumer base
- Asia Pacific was the largest market, accounting for 35.3% of the global market volume in 2015. Positive outlook of the food and beverage sectors in China, Japan, South Korea, and Vietnam is expected to promote the consumption
- PureCircle Limited, GLG Life Tech Corp, and Stevia Corp are some of the major producers. Stevia First Corp, Cargill, and Evolva S.A. are other major players in the market. These players are integrated across various stages of the value chain in order to improve their contribution margins and gain higher market share
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Omega 3 Supplement Market - The global omega 3 supplement market size was valued at USD 33.04 billion in 2016.
- Organic Foods And Beverages Market - The global organic food and beverage market size was valued at USD 91 billion in 2015.
- Rice Protein Market - The global rice protein market size was estimated at 11,326.2 tons in 2015.
- Pea Protein Market - The global pea protein market size was estimated at USD 73.4 million in 2016.
Grand View Research has segmented the global stevia market by application and region:
- Stevia Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Tabletop sweeteners
- Stevia Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519