SAN FRANCISCO, August 10, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
The global smart textile/fabric market is expected to be valued at USD 1.59 billion by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 24.1% from 2013 to 2020. The market is expected to be fuelled by growing penetration of smartphones and other smart or high-tech devices including iPods. Majority of new laptops and smartphones are equipped with Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology which enables the connection of sensor-based devices to the Internet through mobile phones.
Miniaturization of electronics is expected to significantly fuel industry growth over the forecast period. In order to make sensors compatible with fabric and ensure optimum comfort and wearability, industry participants have focused on reducing form factors to facilitate efficient integration of components into the fabric.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Smart Textile/Fabric Market Analysis By End-Use (Architecture, Fashion And Entertainment, Medical, Protection & Military, Sports & Fitness, Transportation) And Segment Forecasts To 2020" at: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-textiles-industry
Laundering is a key challenge in the use of smart garments since they are integrated with electronic components. Washability deals with physical resistance against high temperature and mechanical stresses, as well as chemical resistance against moisture and detergents. This also results in issues with battery performance.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Growth in end-use industries of smart textiles is expected to favorably impact the smart textile market in the coming years. Protection & military is expected to be a prominent end-use segment, and register high growth throughout the forecast period. Sports & fitness and medical are also expected to emerge as fast growing application sectors.
- Consumers have been focusing on fashionable products that go a step further from traditional functions of fabric. Growth in the fashion and entertainment industry is expected to propel overall smart fabric market growth. Additionally, demand from the sports and fitness sector has been increasing on account of growing awareness pertaining to the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- Ensuring efficient power supply is a key issue, since using conventional batteries may render the target garment too bulky for wear. Efforts to combat this drawback include development of a lightweight fabric that acts as a credible power supply, thus fulfilling the dual purpose of wearability and functionality.
- Need to incorporate innovations in the textile industry and prevent shifting of production facilities to cost effective markets of Asia Pacific has led to initiatives by regulatory bodies. The European Commission, for instance, has co-financed a number of projects over the years in order to boost smart textile development. These include WEALTHY, MyHeart and BIOTEX among others.
- The smart textile market comprises a large number of players based on their role in the ecosystem. Numerous R&D activities are conducted in order for new product development and innovations. Key companies operating in the market include Ohmatex ApS, Clothing+, Adidas, Weartech, Fibretronic Limited, and Peratech Ltd.
Browse more reports of this category by Grand View Research: http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/smart-textiles
Grand View Research has segmented the Smart Textile/Fabric Market on the basis of end-use and region:
- Smart Textiles End-Use Outlook:
- Fashion and Entertainment
- Sports and Fitness
- Protection and Military
- Smart Textiles Regional Outlook:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Waterproof Breathable Textiles (WBT) Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/waterproof-breathable-textiles-industry
- Carbon Black Market for Textile Fibers - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-black-textile-fibers-market
- Industrial Protective Clothing Market - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/industrial-protective-clothing-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Read Our Blogs - dniamericas.org, ni2014.org, terrapass.org
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.