SAN FRANCISCO, January 9, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global smart pills market is expected to reach USD 3.0 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 15.5% during the forecast period, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increase in prevalence of diseases such as colorectal cancer and gastrointestinal disorders, expansion in geographical reach of major players, rising cancer screening awareness programs, and expeditious FDA approvals are prime factors that are expected to drive market growth over the forecast period.
Smart pills have transformed the landscape of small bowel, colon, and gastrointestinal endoscopy by providing a non-invasive and accurate method for visualizing distal duodenum, jejunum, small bowel, colon, gastrointestinal, and ileum. Smart pills are mostly used for screening and treatment of diseases such as colorectal cancer, gastroparesis, gastric ulcers, and gastroesophageal disorders.
Consumers of smart pills mostly include geriatric population, immobile patients, and patients with paralysis. Considering the steady rise in geriatric population around the globe, the demand for advanced medical devices will also increase as they offer a degree of convenience to patients.
Established players in this market are enhancing their portfolio by upgrading existing devices. On the other hand, new players are focused on capturing emerging economies with breakthrough products that are both advanced and affordable.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Smart Pills Market Analysis By Application (Products [Capsule Endoscopy, Drug Delivery], Tools, and Patient Monitoring Software), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-pills-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- Capsule endoscopy is the largest application segment owing to factors such as growth in cancer screening awareness programs, increase in incidence of Crohn's disease and bowel cancer, and increase in demand for minimally invasive procedures
- North America is the dominant region with the largest revenue share. Wide availability of products, favorable reimbursement policies, increase in government investments in healthcare, and an overall rise in healthcare expenditure support market growth
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth over the forecast period. Factors such as increase in disposable income, mandatory healthcare insurance, and rise in healthcare expenditure are expected to drive the market
- Commercially available smart pills include PillCam Capsule, ABILIFY MYCITE, CapsoCam, and Olympus Endocapsule
- Key players in the smart pills market include Medtronic, Olympus Corporation, Proteus digital Health, MediSafe, and CapsoVision
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Peritoneal Dialysis Market - https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/global-peritoneal-dialysis-market
- Cubic Boron Nitride Films Market - https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cubic-boron-nitride-films-market
- Bioelectronics Market - https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/bioelectronics-market
- Cryosurgery Market - https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cryosurgery-market
Grand View Research has segmented the smart pills market on the basis of application and region:
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Drug Delivery
- Patient Monitoring Software
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/healthcare
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.