SAN FRANCISCO, April 9, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global smart electricity meters market size is expected to reach USD 18.9 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to expand at a revenue-based CAGR of 7.8% from 2020 to 2027. The rising demand for energy security has been prevailing in the energy sector for a long time. Renewable energy generation has sufficed this demand to a certain extent. Still, the energy provided by such systems is intermittent, and thus energy conservation and efficient utilization of power are the key aspects of energy security. Smart meters deliver instantaneous data regarding power consumption that can be analyzed and the consumption can be controlled, stabilizing the energy demands.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Growing adoption of smart grids by several regions is anticipated to drive the market growth over the forecast period
- The residential segment is expected to hold significant smart electricity meters market share in 2019, owing to the need for customer energy management and flexibility in power load
- The commercial end-use segment is expected to witness a considerable growth rate over the projected period owing to growing commercial buildings in urban areas
- Europe market is expected to demonstrate substantial growth over the forecast period due to large-scale adoption of smart meters under regulations imposed by the European Commission
- The key players in the smart electricity meters market areABB; GENERAL ELECTRIC; Holley Technology LTD.; Elster Group GmbH; Iskraemeco d.d.; Itron Inc.; Landis+Gyr; Schneider Electric, Inc.; and Siemens, among others.
Read 100 page research report with ToC on "Smart Electricity Meters Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Phase (Single-phase, Three-phase), By End Use (Residential, Commercial, Industrial), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/smart-meters-market
These smart systems help the commercial end-use segment considerably as they assist in increasing the energy efficiency by providing real-time pricing and consumption data, which is directly related to the spending of the division. Smart meters are a fundamental component of an intelligent grid network. The smart grids are used to monitor and control the transmission system, which is an enhancement over the conventional electrical network. The initialization of smart grids in various regions is expected to fuel the demand for smart electric metering systems over the forecast period.
Increasing regulatory initiatives for the installation of smart electricity meters in various regions around the globe are likely to spur the market demand over the forecast period. For instance, smart/intelligent electricity metering regulations have been established for the European region, set up by the European Commission and most of the European population have adopted smart electricity meters under this mandate. The benefits of smart meters, such as time-based pricing, net metering, energy prepayment, power quality monitoring, communications with other intelligent devices, and energy theft detection, are encouraging the adoption of smart electricity meters in all countries.
Grand View Research has segmented the global smart electricity meters market based on phase, end use, and region:
- Smart Electricity Meters Phase Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Smart Electricity Meters End-use Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Smart Electricity Meters Regional Outlook (Volume, Thousand Units; Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Virtual Events Market – The ongoing coverage of the COVID-19 has put actual events to a complete standstill, which is why organizations are congregating to the virtual event platforms to address and deliver content to the audience.
- 5G System Integration Market – The global 5G system integration market size is estimated to reach USD 43.7 billion by 2027 and is expected to register a CAGR of 14.9% from 2020 to 2027.
- Asia Pacific Video Streaming Market – The Asia Pacific video streaming market size was valued at USD 8,582.4 million in 2018 and is expected to register a CAGR of 20.7% from 2019 to 2025.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.