SAN FRANCISCO, September 12, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global silicone market size is expected to reach USD 18.73 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 4.6% during the forecast period. Increasing use of the product for several applications such as flame resistant, airtight gasket, and water proofing in the construction sector is one of the prominent factors stimulating market growth.
The electrical & electronics segment is expected to show significant growth over the forecast period. The product finds its application as sealants, adhesives, and in coatings of cables and wires. In addition, enhanced durability along with ability to improve performance of the device under extreme conditions including zero-gravity and low pressure areas is anticipated to further augment the overall market.
Ample availability of raw materials including polymers and metals coupled with technological expertise has resulted in emergence of developing economies as sights of high growth rates. Other factors including low labor cost and high internal demand are resulting in lowering of cost of the product. High consumer acceptance towards new conceptual electronic products including miniaturization and lightweight is resulting in heightened demand for silicone over the forecast period.
Technological advancements are resulting in development of products that contain a blend of silicone with thermoplastics to enhance protection against scratches. Not only these innovative products lead to lowering friction, which results in smoother transmission of fluids, but also it leads to improved performance of the vehicles.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Silicone Market Analysis Report By Product (Fluids, Gels, Resins, Elastomers), By Application (Electricals & Electronics, Transportation, Construction, Textiles, Pharmaceuticals), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2024" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicone-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The elastomers segment is anticipated to reach 1484.3 kilo tons by 2024, at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2016 to 2024
- In terms of revenue, the gels segment is projected to rise at a CAGR of 4.6% over the forecast period
- The construction application dominated the global silicone market with a share of over 34.0% in 2015
- The U.S. silicone market is anticipated to exceed 600 kilo tons by 2024
- North America is projected to witness a CAGR of 4.1% over the forecast period, owing to significant demand for elastomers in the U.S. and Canada
- Asian countries, especially China and Japan, are expected to observe a remarkable CAGR over the coming years
- The market is fragmented and competitive in nature, with presence of global multinational players
- Some of the key companies present in the market are Hutchinson; Kemira Oyj; Evonik Industries AG; CSL Silicones Incorporated; Cow Corning Corp.; RUSNANO; Shin-Etsu; Silchem, Inc.; Silteq Ltd.; Wacker Chemie GmbH; and Quantum Silicones.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Automotive Wrap Films Market - The global automotive wrap films market size was valued at USD 1.62 billion in 2015.
- Transformer Oil Market - The global transformer oil market size was estimated at USD 1.56 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a rate of 11.5% from 2017 to 2025.
- Plant Growth Regulators (PGRs) Market - The global plant growth regulators market size was valued at USD 4.67 billion in 2016. It is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 8.6% from 2014 to 2020.
- Fracking Chemicals And Fluids Market - The global fracking chemicals & fluids market size was valued at USD 23.98 billion in 2016, and is projected to grow at an estimated CAGR of 10.3% from 2017 to 2025.
Grand View Research has segmented the global silicone market report on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Silicone Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Silicone Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- Electrical & electronics
- Personal care & pharmaceuticals
- Silicone Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2013 - 2024)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.