SAN FRANCISCO, May 30, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global silicon carbide market size is expected to reach USD 4.48 billion by 2020, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., registering a CAGR of 16.1% during the forecast period. Growing automotive, semiconductor, and aerospace industries are key drivers for market growth.
Increasing use of silicon carbide (SiC) in military applications is expected to boost demand over the forecast period. Regulatory amendments such as the U.S. Defense Protection Act for advancement and establishment of SiC for use in military operations will also benefit the market. In addition, increasing use of carbon fiber reinforced silicon carbide in disc brakes is expected to propel its demand in the automotive sector.
The European Commission's announcement of USD 122.1 billion investment for development of semiconductors is expected to facilitate many investors to invest in the manufacturing of semiconductors. Therefore, demand for SiC is expected to grow in semiconductor applications as well.
The Chinese government's restriction on export of silicon as a raw material is expected to tighten the supply of silicon as a raw material for the manufacturing of silicon carbide in other countries. This tightened supply is expected to be compensated by surging domestic production of silicon in various countries such as U.S., France, Norway, and Brazil. Domestic availability of raw material in these countries is expected to ensure continuous supply of silicon for production of SiC.
Silicon carbide is used as a raw material for refractories on account of its high temperature resistance. These refractory materials are used in linings of furnaces, kilns, furnaces, and reactors, which cater to numerous industries such as aluminum, steel, cast iron, and metal. Surging demand from the metal and cement industry is expected to drive the market.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Silicon Carbide (SiC) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Black SiC, Green SiC), By End Use (Steel & Energy, Automotive, Aerospace & Aviation), And Segment Forecasts, 2012 - 2020" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/silicon-carbide-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- In terms of revenue, the black silicon carbide segment is anticipated to reach USD 2.56 billion by 2020. Green silicon, on the other hand, is projected to expand at a CAGR of 16.0% over the forecast period
- Steel and energy dominated the global silicon carbide market in terms of application, with a global share of 23.6% in 2013
- The North America SiC market is anticipated to exceed 290.2 kilo tons by 2020, Asia Pacific, especially India and China, is also expected to witness remarkable growth over the forecast period
- RoW is projected to exhibit a CAGR of 15.8% over the forecast period, owing to rapid developments in the medical and healthcare and automotive sectors
- Some of the key companies in the market are AGSCO Corporation; Carborundum Universal Ltd.; Dow Chemical Co.; Entegris Inc.; ESD-SIC b.v.; ESK-SIC GmbH; Gaddis Engineered Materials; Grindwell Norton Ltd.; Saint-Gobain Ceramics Materials GmbH; and Snam Abrasives Pvt. Ltd.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Permanent Magnet Market - The global permanent magnet market size was estimated at USD 19.35 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 9.0% over the forecast period.
- High Performance Alloys Market - The global high performance alloys market size was estimated at USD 7.85 billion in 2016, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% over the forecast period.
- Filters Market - The global filters market size was valued at USD 63.35 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach USD 110.8 billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period.
- Automotive Stainless Steel Tube Market - The global automotive stainless steel tube market size was valued at USD 3.37 million in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2016 to 2024.
Grand View Research has segmented the global silicon carbide market report on the basis of product, end use, and region:
- Silicon Carbide Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Black Silicon Carbide
- Green Silicon Carbide
- Silicon Carbide End-use Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- Steel & Energy
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Military & Defense
- Medical & Healthcare
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- Silicon Carbide Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, The Grand Library, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.