SAN FRANCISCO, July 1, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global sickle cell anemia testing and screening market size is expected to reach USD 340.71 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 5.44% from 2020 to 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Hemoglobin S (HbS) is the causative factor for sickle cell disease and is currently the most prevailing disease or genetic abnormality across the globe, specifically across developing economies.
Key suggestions from the report:
- By age group, several newborn screening programs have been employed across the globe to effectively manage the burden of this disease. These programs make use of different tests such as isoelectric focusing/ cellulose acetate electrophoresis, high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), and solubility tests
- Based on technology, POC lateral flow assays are the most preferred testing methodologies in screening programs, forming the conventional means of testing
- On the basis of sector type, government laboratories have witnessed maximum employment of sickle cell tests over the years
- Government laboratories have actively participated in promoting the adoption of these tests by encouraging population-based sickle cell testing
- Rise in the demand for federal and foundation funding to address healthcare disparities treatments and diagnosis of diseases, such as hemoglobinopathies and cystic fibrosis, is expected to drive the attention of the regulatory agencies.
Read 150 page research report with ToC on "Sickle Cell Anemia Testing & Screening Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Technology (Hemoglobin Electrophoresis, POC, HPLC), By Age Group, By Sector Type, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sickle-cell-anemia-testing-screening-market
Sickle cell hemoglobin variants are inclusive of HbS, HbA, and HbC. Different tests have been developed to perform a clear distinction between all the three above-mentioned hemoglobin variants. Development of a deep learning framework designed to perform automated screening of sickle cell anemia in blood smear sample of patients via a smartphone microscope is set to open up new avenues for the market in the near future.
The market is moderately consolidated, wherein the key industry participants are striving to sustain market competition via partnerships, acquisitions, and expanding their business across newborn testing market space. Whereas, emerging companies are exploring potential of point-of-care tests to gain a competitive edge in the market.
A steep increase in the uptake of Hb electrophoresis and HPLC across government-initiated newborn screening programs and assessment studies have resulted in robust market penetration. This has, in turn, caught the attention of companies who are keen on modifying their existing product line, further amplifying consumption of the same.
Grand View Research has segmented the global sickle cell anemia testing and screening market on the basis of technology, age group, sector type, and region:
- Sickle Cell Anemia (HbS) Testing & Screening Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Hemoglobin Electrophoresis
- Isoelectric focusing
- High-performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Point-of-Care Tests
- Lateral Flow Immunoassay
- Paper Based Rapid Diagnostics
- Other Tests
- Sickle Cell Anemia (HbS) Testing & Screening Age Group Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Newborn Screening (12 months and below)
- Adult Screening (25 to 60 years)
- Other Age Groups (1 to 25 & above 60 years)
- Sickle Cell Anemia (HbS) Testing & Screening Sector Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Government Labs
- Private Labs
- Corporate Labs
- PPP (Public-Private-Partnerships)
- Sickle Cell Anemia (HbS) Testing & Screening Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
- List of Key Players of Sickle Cell Anemia Testing & Screening Market
- STRECK, INC.
- Daktari Diagnostics
- BIOMEDOMICS INC.
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings
- Request A Test, Ltd.
- HALCYON BIOMEDICAL INCORPORATED
- Silver Lake Research Corporation
- HEMEX HEALTH
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
Find more research reports on Biotechnology Industry, by Grand View Research:
- CRISPR & Cas Genes Market– Technological advancements in the genome editing platform are expected to drive the market at a significant rate. Recently, two new versions of the Cas9 protein: eSpCas9 and SpCas9-HF have been engineered to minimize off-target editing activity without the requirement for two sgRNAs.
- Reporter Gene Assay Market– Increase in demand for cell-based High-Throughput Screening (HTS) assays is expected to drive the market. In addition, rise in adoption of reporter genes in studying the signal transduction pathways originating from the cell surface receptors also boosts market growth.
- Cell Expansion Market– Increase in usage of automated solutions in cell expansion applications is one of the market drivers. Automated systems minimize the manpower and cost incurred during the production of Cell Therapy Products (CTP), gene therapies, and other biologics; leading to robust and reliable processes.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.