SAN FRANCISCO, September 24, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global sarcoma drugs market size is expected to be valued at USD 1.2 billion by 2023, as per a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period. The growth of the market is largely driven by factors such as new product launches, increasing adoption of novel therapeutics, and growing target population.
Sarcomas account for less than 1.0% of all adult cancers. Though sarcomas represent a heterogeneous group of over 50 different histological subtypes, the two major subtypes are soft tissue sarcomas (STS) and bone sarcoma. Approximately, 12,000 patients in the U.S. and 28,000 patients in Europe are diagnosed with STS every year.
For over 40 years, mainstay of localized sarcoma treatment included surgical resection followed by neoadjuvant or adjuvant radiation or chemotherapy. However, even after complete surgical resection, about 50.0% of patients with intermediate or high grade sarcoma develop metastatic disease. Introduction of targeted therapy has revolutionized treatment paradigm for sarcoma. Targeted therapies and pipeline breakthroughs will continue to play a pivotal role in the growth of the market throughout the forecast period.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Sarcoma Drugs Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Treatment Type (Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy), By Major Markets (U.S., U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Japan), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 - 2023" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/sarcoma-drugs-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- EU5 will remain the second largest market with more than 30% share by 2023. The growth of the segment can be attributed to rising incidence of STS, uptake of targeted therapies, and increasing R&D activities
- Eli Lilly's Lartuvo has displaced standard doxorubicin therapy as front-line STS treatment and is anticipated to maintain its prominence in the market over the forecast period
- Strong unmet needs within the market present a key opportunity to develop breakthrough first-in-class therapies. Out of 45 drugs in the pipeline for sarcoma, seven are in Phase III, 22 in Phase II, two in Phase I/II trials, and the remaining in Phase I and Pre-clinical trials
- The potential role for use of immuno-oncology agents in sarcomas is currently under evaluation in Phase I/II clinical trials
- Companies with late-stage pipeline products for sarcoma are likely to enter the market by 2019 and would capture more than 10.0% of the sarcoma market share in 2023
- Drugs with novel targets in early-phase development include Novartis's Afinitor (mTOR inhibitor), Tesaro's Zejula (PARP inhibitor), Amgen's Imlygic (gene therapy), and Pfizer's Crizotinib (ALK and MET tyrosine kinases inhibitor)
- Role of VEGF inhibitors and mTOR inhibitors is under evaluation in multiple early phase trials. However, no statistically significant data has been reported till date
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Clinical Trial Supplies Market - The global clinical trial supplies market size was valued at USD 1.7 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.3% over the forecast period.
- Astaxanthin Market - The global astaxanthin market size was estimated at USD 555.4 million in 2016.
- Peptide Therapeutics Market - The global peptide therapeutics market was valued at USD 21.5 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at CAGR of 9.4% over the forecast period.
- High Potency Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) Market - The global high potency active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) market was valued at USD 14.4 billion in 2016 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.3% over the forecast period.
Grand View Research has segmented the global sarcoma drugs market based on treatment type and region:
- Sarcoma Drugs Treatment Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2023)
- Targeted Therapy
- Sarcoma Drugs Country Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 - 2023)
Explore the BI enabled intuitive market research database, Grand View Compass, by Grand View Research, Inc.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.