PHILADELPHIA, Nov.17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Richardson, a leading global sales training and performance improvement company, announced today that it, in partnership with Training Industry, Inc., has launched a new research study, Aligning Sales Competencies in Learning and Development. The research is available for download from the Richardson website.
Richardson and Training Industry, Inc. conducted a survey of 288 companies across more than 14 industries, which ranged in size from less than 100 to over 50,000 employees, to examine organizations' approaches to identifying and developing the sales competencies that are most important to helping their sales teams be successful in today's complex business landscape.
The research acts as a guide to help sales organizations and L&D professionals identify:
- The best combination of training modalities to effectively deliver content to their sales teams
- The most influential drivers of a successful sales competency strategy
- What sales competencies are the most important for their sales teams to master in order to be successful in their jobs
- What obstacles L&D departments face when rolling out sales training in their organizations
The research also found that, in nearly every instance, there are gaps within six key sales competencies and the effectiveness with which companies are developing them. These six key sales competencies are crucial to a successful sales organization:
- Targeting buyers
- Prospecting opportunities
- Knowing the market
- Understanding customer needs
- Effective presentation skills
- Expanding current accounts
Richardson is a global sales training and performance improvement company. We collaborate with sales organizations to achieve greater levels of success by changing the behaviors of their salespeople and sales managers. Our approach is highly collaborative, with a focus on enabling the right sales activity and effective customer dialogues. To help you achieve your goals, we partner with you to develop customized training programs and a culture of continuous learning to help drive improved organization performance.
About Training Industry, Inc.
Training Industry, Inc.'s focus is on helping dedicated business and training professionals get the information, insight, and tools needed to more effectively manage the business of learning. Our website, TrainingIndustry.com, spotlights the latest news, articles, case studies, and best practices within the training industry.