SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 20, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global reusable face mask market size is expected to reach USD 7.08 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 23.5% from 2020 to 2027. Growing awareness about the ill effects of air pollution, dust, and smoke, and the outbreak of coronavirus are among the primary factors driving the market. According to the American Lung Association, close to 133.9 million people in the U.S. are exposed to unhealthy air conditions every year. Face covering masks act as a shield to protect the wearer from the direct impact of harmful particles present in the air. As the air quality continues to deteriorate, the demand for face masks will keep increasing.
The widespread impact of the COVID-19 pandemic around the globe has been driving the demand for reusable face masks. According to the USA Facts report of September 2020, the country reported 6,060,334 known cases and registered deaths amounted to 184,280. With the restriction on the use of surgical masks, including N95, which are known to offer comparatively higher protection than other types of masks against the virus to healthcare workers, the demand for reusable mask has spurred among the general public. These masks are highly recommended by the government and medical institutes as they reduce the chances of virus spread, which is favoring the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The online distribution channel is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing distribution channel throughout the forecast period. The increasing availability of a wide number of reusable face masks of different brands, free delivery, and seasonal discounts on e-retailer platforms are among the major reasons driving the segment
- Asia Pacific held the largest share of more than 33.0% in 2019. The rising threat of the COVID-19 pandemic and growing air pollution have been the primary factors supporting market growth
- In terms of material, the cotton segment led the market and accounted for 69.1% share of the global revenue in 2019. In June 2020, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that people should wear a cloth face mask to avoid transmission of the coronavirus in public places.
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Reusable Face Mask Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Material (Cotton, Nylon), By Application (Personal, Commercial), By Distribution Channel (Offline, Online), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/reusable-face-mask-market
In terms of material, the cotton segment led the market and accounted for 69.1% share of the global revenue in 2019. According to a 2020 research by Smart Air, an open-source data and content provider on air pollution, among the face masks made to balance protection and breathability, cotton filtered out 84% of large particles and 19% of small. Moreover, recommendation by the organizations, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, to use cotton in cloth face masks bodes well for the future demand for reusable face masks.
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is likely to increase the demand for reusable face masks across the globe. Demand is escalated with the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases worldwide. Small and large-cap companies are investing in manufacturing facilities to meet the current demand for face masks amongst the general public, medical workers, and industrialists. Moreover, small and medium-sized market players are expected to show considerable improvements in the foreseeable future.
In terms of application, the personal segment led the market and accounted for 78.3% share of the global revenue in 2019. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to rising consumer awareness and maintenance of public protocol of wearing face masks. Moreover, manufacturers and designers have been launching products in bulk for the individual segment. For instance, in August 2020, Burberry launched its first collection of reusable and sustainable face masks made of cotton and antimicrobial technology.
Based on the distribution channel, the offline segment dominated the market and accounted for 62.6% share of the global revenue in 2019. Additionally, with mandatory regulations on wearing face masks in public places, people are experimenting with the latest trends online offered by companies. For instance, e-commerce websites including Etsy and Zazzle witnessed an upsurge in the sales of customized masks, and more than 200 private labels have registered on such websites to increase the sales of face masks.
Asia Pacific held the largest revenue share of more than 33.0% in 2019. The growing demand for washable and reusable masks from densely-populated countries like India and China is expected to serve as a great growth booster for the region.
North America is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR from 2020 to 2027. The rise in the incidences of airborne diseases, pollution levels, forest fire cases, and the outbreak of the coronavirus have been encouraging a sizable number of consumers to opt for personal reusable face masks in the region. With consumers looking to protect themselves from several virus- and bacteria-related illnesses, such as allergies, lung infections, and coronavirus, prominent manufacturers are focusing on increasing their scale of operations concerning the manufacturing of reusable face masks.
Grand View Research has segmented the global reusable face mask market on the basis of material, application, distribution channel, and region:
- Reusable Face Mask Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Reusable Face Mask Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Reusable Face Mask Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Reusable Face Mask Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Reusable Face Mask Market
- Kimberly Clark
- Cambridge Mask Company
- Debrief Me
- ARAX Co., LTD.
Find more research reports on Beauty & Personal Care Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Hair Mask Market – The global hair mask market size was valued at USD 420.0 million in 2018. Rising concerns regarding the harmful effects of pollution, excessive use of hair straighteners or curlers and blow dryers, ultraviolet sunrays, and harsh shampoo on hair have been driving the demand for masks.
- Anti-Pollution Skincare Products Market – The global anti-pollution skincare products market size was estimated at USD 9.07 billion in 2018 and expand further at a CAGR of 4.2% from 2019 to 2025. Rising consumer awareness about the adverse effects of pollution levels on the skin will drive the market growth.
- Sheet Face Mask Market – The global sheet face mask market size was valued at USD 257.9 million in 2018. Increasing awareness related to the benefits of sheet masks such as anti-aging and skin hydration is the major factor contributing to the growth of this industry.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.