SAN FRANCISCO, February 6, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The global refrigerant market size is expected to reach USD 30.37 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., expanding at a CAGR of 5.3% during the forecast period. Development of eco-friendly alternatives, as a result of environmental policies aimed at ozone depletion and GHG emissions, is a key factor driving market growth.
Regulations across EU, Japan, China, and U.S. have prompted consumers to shift toward hydrocarbon and inorganic refrigerants, with its demand predicted to increase drastically over the forecast period. The fluorocarbons segment accounted for over 50% of the overall consumption in 2016.
Inorganics emerged as the second-largest product segment in terms of revenue. Thermal efficiency of the product has enabled its penetration across industrial applications. Low cost, easy availability, and eco-friendly characteristics are key factors boosting its demand in industrial areas.
The Asia Pacific market for refrigerants has reported strong demand in recent times. Growth in industrial activity and productivity across China and India will continue to spur demand for refrigeration across residential, industrial, and commercial sectors. China represented more than one fifth of the global consumption in 2016.
Companies are constantly striving to consolidate their presence through product development, regional expansions, and application diversification strategies. Innovative and cost-effective products that meet both end-user specifications and regulatory standards are key determinants for competitive edge.
Browse full research report with TOC on "Refrigerant Market Size & Share Report By Product (Fluorocarbon, Hydrocarbon, Inorganic), By Application (Stationary Air Conditioning, Chillers, & Heat Pumps, Mobile Air Conditioning, Commercial), And Segment Forecasts, 2014 - 2025" at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/refrigerant-market
Further Key Findings From the Report Suggest:
- The global refrigerant demand was estimated at 1.73 million tons in 2016 and is expected to rise at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2017 to 2025
- The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change has played a pivotal role in regulating the use of refrigerant products and has compelled industry participants to develop alternative sources
- Europe is the second largest consumer, with the mobile air conditioning, industrial, and commercial refrigeration sectors exhibiting strong demand. A standard environmental policy across EU has impelled regional manufacturers to invest extensively in R&D
- The hydrocarbon refrigerant segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 8.9% in terms of volume over the forecast period. Energy efficiency, low cost, and ecofriendly nature of the product are key traits positively influencing demand
- Domestic refrigeration is estimated to emerge as the most promising segment in terms of volume, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.2% over the forecast period
- Some of the key players in the market are Honeywell International, Daikin Industries Limited, Arkema S.A., Linde Group, and The Chemours Company.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
- Ambient Energy Harvester Market - The ambient energy harvester market is anticipated to witness significant growth over the forecast period on account of rising in demand for micro power production for charging thin film batteries.
- Advanced Energy Storage Systems Market - Energy management, to meet grid demands for utility-scale sized projects at peak times, is the need of the day and hence is expected to augment advanced energy storage systems market.
- CHP Installation Market - The Global combined heat & power (CHP) installation market was valued at USD 6.25 billion in 2014.
- Battery Market - The global battery market size was USD 62.00 billion in 2014 on account of high demand from the automotive application.
Grand View Research has segmented the global refrigerant market on the basis of product, application, and region:
- Refrigerant Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Refrigerant Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Industrial Refrigeration
- Domestic Refrigeration
- Transport Refrigeration
- Commercial Refrigeration
- Stationary Air Conditioning, Chillers & Heat Pumps
- Mobile Air Conditioning
- Refrigerant Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- North America
Read Our Blog By Grand View Research: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/blogs/energy-and-power
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.